Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or maybe he's wrong? Or maybe I'm wrong. My rationale was based on the spread sheet for the P85Ds (Tesla P85D tracking - Google Sheets) however, as there appear to be other factors such as distance from California that appear to affect the allocations of VIN numbers and potentially build order, its hard to tell for sure. Also it appears that VIN numbering is not a guarantee of build order. Putting these factors aside, I noted that I confirmed after someone in Toronto (who ordered on the same day) and I'm ahead of him in VIN number (he is also further from California). Another example is a guy from Toronto who ordered on the 15th but didn't confirm until the 28th and he appears to be ahead of several people who confirmed earlier.

Don't forget though that you need to look at the initial confirm date and not the reconfirmed date that they kept making us do. I think normally, it would make sense that confirming earlier would mean faster delivery. However, for the Model P85D, since the actual production hasn't started yet, they can still arrange different batches of car in whatever order to efficiently deliver as much car as possible by the end of the year.

Don't forget though that you need to look at the initial confirm date and not the reconfirmed date that they kept making us do. I think normally, it would make sense that confirming earlier would mean faster delivery. However, for the Model P85D, since the actual production hasn't started yet, they can still arrange different batches of car in whatever order to efficiently deliver as much car as possible by the end of the year.

Yeah I was looking that the original confirm date in my "analysis". There is a much bigger spreadsheet in another threat that was tracking all orders for 2014. I might have a glance at that when I have time. I guess ideally we should trust what the DS says; however, history also shows that they are not always 100% correct when responding to questions and sometimes have less information than the average TMC member.

I have been holding off posting since there were some moving parts, but as of today, it is confirmed!

My wife's Tesla, a Pearl White P85D, VIN 65512, will be delivered to Vancouver on or about Dec. 23. Our Sig Red P85 will probably be sold to my best friend in the US, unless he gets cold feet (it is pretty cold in CO right now!)

As for me, I will continue to drive our beloved Roadster 2.0, until the Model X finally comes along.

We will finally sell our last (ever) ICE-- a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid-- which my wife has been unreasonably attached to! Yay!

I have been holding off posting since there were some moving parts, but as of today, it is confirmed!

My wife's Tesla, a Pearl White P85D, VIN 65512, will be delivered to Vancouver on or about Dec. 23. Our Sig Red P85 will probably be sold to my best friend in the US, unless he gets cold feet (it is pretty cold in CO right now!)

As for me, I will continue to drive our beloved Roadster 2.0, until the Model X finally comes along.

We will finally sell our last (ever) ICE-- a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid-- which my wife has been unreasonably attached to! Yay!

Congratulations to both of you, Vger. Super exciting! Way to create another Beautiful Tesla for the benefit of our Planet, the more the better! Funny, My eldest son has my former red 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid, ever since I got my Model S85 last December. :)

I was under the impression that Canadian cars couldn't be sold down there?
something about our SIM cards?
Should be no issue. My Canadian Model S has been in the US for 6 months at a time. Easily set the units to miles etc. and no problem with internet.
If anything there seems to be a 3G problem in Canada right now.
3G-connectivity-issues-since-V6-xxx

Congrats Viger, seems there's an ever growing number of Canadian drivers switching to the Model S AWD. Not clear whether it's just a winter driving issue or also a performance enhancement. I expect your Colorado friend would have more winter driving issues then someone in Vancouver.

Last edited:
My understanding is that Canadian safety standards are all slightly higher than American ones. As such importing south should be no issue, but importing north is impossible.
(helps that in Canada it's the car manufacturers, and not the government, that decides which vehicles can be imported)

I'm late to this thread, but my P85D is to be delivered to me in Toronto in the last week of December.
Grey, tan, black headliner, Obece matt, new seats.
No spoiler, no Interior Package.

I don't expect to get any Boxing Day deal on it, But it will be a great pre New Year's present to myself.

Very cool. Though if we are going to remain doppelgangers, I will have to get a P85D. Funny, I have been thinking of a white one...but I'm at least going to wait to see what the Model X looks like when announced. And what the Roadster battery announcement looks like. And see if rumors of an i3 with a larger battery are true. Exciting times.

It's hard enough trying to get a Tesla into Canada, once here, I think it should stay here. You sure no one locally would be interested? I'm sure your friend can find a cheaper one down his way as prices are much lower there. I'd like to see more used sales here, it's hard enough just trying to get an inventory vehicle as they are so limited here.

It's hard enough trying to get a Tesla into Canada, once here, I think it should stay here. You sure no one locally would be interested? I'm sure your friend can find a cheaper one down his way as prices are much lower there. I'd like to see more used sales here, it's hard enough just trying to get an inventory vehicle as they are so limited here.

As it turned out, both my friend and I got cold feet about that deal. He is not ready to take the plunge, and I decided I was not ready to let go of Ruby. So she will stay with us, at least until I decide whether I can live without a Model X or not, when that decision finally achieves relevance, perhaps a year from now.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool. Though if we are going to remain doppelgangers, I will have to get a P85D. Funny, I have been thinking of a white one...but I'm at least going to wait to see what the Model X looks like when announced. And what the Roadster battery announcement looks like. And see if rumors of an i3 with a larger battery are true. Exciting times.

Indeed! All high-class problems! :smile:

Have you gotten a delivery date yet mrElbe? I am VIN 63024 so just ahead of you...

- - - Updated - - -

I got my HPWC last week. It's all installed and ready to charge a car!!!

My delivery date is supposed to be Sunday Dec. 28. My HPWC is already waiting for two months beside the driveway to dispense electrons.
Don't forget to update the spreadsheet.

Attachments

• HPWC 3 small.jpg
    HPWC 3 small.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 270