Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks awesome - just like mine except I don't have the Next Gen seats yet. Speaking of that - if you had a choice would you get the Next Gen rear seats? I guess I, and several of us, will have that decision to make in the near future.

By the way, you have a lot more snow in Stouffville than Scarb where we have no more than a dusting.

Looks awesome - just like mine except I don't have the Next Gen seats yet. Speaking of that - if you had a choice would you get the Next Gen rear seats? I guess I, and several of us, will have that decision to make in the near future.

By the way, you have a lot more snow in Stouffville than Scarb where we have no more than a dusting.

So far i like the looks of the rear seats. The limited rear visibility does not bother me. I can still see a lot and I use the side mirrors mostly.
I actually live in Ballantrae. It doesn't look like it when you drive there but the elevation above sea level is 200 meters higher than Scarborough and that results in a few degrees lower and we get sometimes snow when nobody else does.

Finally received delivery to my home city. Car is being wrapped now so I might have to wait another week to actually drive it.

This is the post in the P85D delivery thread. As noted there, someone appears to have put 20 Kms on the car since I accepted delivery in Vancouver so I'm a little annoyed about that but it still had 36 Kms total so its probably not that big a deal.

Tracking P85D delivery thread - Page 446

Finally received delivery to my home city. Car is being wrapped now so I might have to wait another week to actually drive it.

This is the post in the P85D delivery thread. As noted there, someone appears to have put 20 Kms on the car since I accepted delivery in Vancouver so I'm a little annoyed about that but it still had 36 Kms total so its probably not that big a deal.

Congrats gpetti.

i wouldn't be too happy either, especially after the car was paid for! i can't wait to hear what they have to say about this!
imo, this is cool at all. I wonder who did this?
Perhaps they mistaked your car with your old ordered car and took it for a test drive with the gentleman that, i am told, now bought it? This could be a plausible explanation. You know, 16-20km is about right for a test drive?

i can't think of any other explanation.

let me know when you're back in town, I woukd really like to see it!

i wonder how many tesla d are in Calgary now?

nevertheless, congratulations on your purchase. Now we have to convince ac1k to change his for the new d.!

warm regards.

Just for closure in this thread (I've detailed this more in the P85D delivery thread), I got a response regarding the unexpected 20Kms. Apparently the car had not had its PDI which accounted for a launch and about 2Kms. Then they found an issue with the clear coat that required a trip to the body shop and they did not have a delivery truck available without delaying my delivery so they had someone Valet it to the body shop and back which resulted in the remaining kilometers. All of this was news to me but I'm not really going to make any further noise about it.

Hi All,

I had S85D on order but after much debate I moved my order to the P85D which I expect in early April(my request). The wait started 4 weeks ago and continues my wife thinks I'm crazy after all the back and forth. Countless hours on the forums and even attending the Toronto Club meeting before having a car. The folks at Tesla have been great and I can't wait for my car now.

Missed the rally to Barrie but hopefully the Buffalo SC will be coming online in the April timeframe.

Grey P85D Ordered 21/01/2015 - Expected April 2015

Hi All,

I had S85D on order but after much debate I moved my order to the P85D which I expect in early April(my request). The wait started 4 weeks ago and continues my wife thinks I'm crazy after all the back and forth. Countless hours on the forums and even attending the Toronto Club meeting before having a car. The folks at Tesla have been great and I can't wait for my car now.

Missed the rally to Barrie but hopefully the Buffalo SC will be coming online in the April timeframe.

Grey P85D Ordered 21/01/2015 - Expected April 2015

That is the same situation I was in as well. Going back and forth between a existing inventory car to a new car.. It was driving my wife crazy. We finally decided to go for a NEW Car.