Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Where to buy Tesla Wall Charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of a place that stocks Tesla Wall Charger? I'm buying a used 21/22 and need one ASAP to install at home. I found one on Amazon but its $500 and not a verified seller.

I checked Teslas site and I wasn't sure if ordering one it would take weeks as there is no expedited shipping option.

One time I tried to buy a Mobile Connector from the Ford dealership and the parts counter guy looked at me like I was some sort of fanboi who could only speak in marketing lingo. After much back and forth with the manager and several technicians it turned out that Ford had mistakenly mislabeled their connector with the word "charger" for some reason.

Dumbasses at the Hyundai dealership did the same thing. Don't people know that the charger is in the car? No one would ever refer to a phone connector as a phone "charger" and no one would ever call a countertop connector a "toothbrush charger" so why do so many folks think car connectors are "chargers"?

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and ucmndd
No one would ever refer to a phone connector as a phone "charger" and no one would ever call a countertop connector a "toothbrush charger" so why do so many folks think car connectors are "chargers"?

Awwww, but this isn't a good analogy to try to make. In the car case, the AC to DC rectifier is in the car. When the car is DC charging, we say it is bypassing and not using the onboard charger. And so is the case with the phone "chargers". That external piece IS doing the AC to DC conversion outside of the phone and sending DC 5V into it. So that might be legitimate to say it is a phone or toothbrush charger.

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy and Pkmmte
Dumbasses at the Hyundai dealership did the same thing. Don't people know that the charger is in the car? No one would ever refer to a phone connector as a phone "charger" and no one would ever call a countertop connector a "toothbrush charger" so why do so many folks think car connectors are "chargers"?
Actually, technically, the same mistake is made with phones. Most phone users would call the little box you plug into the wall with a USB connector on it a "charger" (or, for wireless charging, the "charging pad" they put the phone on), whereas in fact the true "charger" for the phone is inside the phone, just like it is for the car. If, that is, we assume by "charger" you mean the control logic that starts and stops the flow of energy into the battery.

Last edited: