Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Admittedly, the 2018 was intended as a joke. The 2013 Model X will start shipping to customers at some point in late, late, late 2015 (I'm guessing fifth quarter or so). The 2017 Model 3 will show around 2020, maybe late 2019.
But I'm fairly certain that the next model after that will either be a pickup or a refreshed Roadster...
(side note: Tesla wants to grow up and become a real car company, right? That means more models and that means a smoother sequence of releases. They won't get away with slipping schedules by years forever...)

I would guess that the next model after the Gen3 would be a SUV based on the Gen3 platform

I would guess that the next model after the Gen3 would be a SUV based on the Gen3 platform
That's a very reasonable guess. I keep thinking that Elon would want to broaden the types of models that Tesla can offer - so a pickup or another small sports car. Both of those could be done by reusing one of the two existing platforms. And the smaller SUV could be the third one to be added. I hope that by 2020 Tesla will have grown enough that they can really work on more than one new car at a time.

are these old pics or new? http://teslamotorsisyas.tumblr.com/post/112660603870/13stoploss-tesla-model-x

modelx.png

Hey Paul, you can move my posts to "stupidness" anytime. :tongue: Probably do us all some good.
How about I move this whole thing to Electric Vehicles? Mod fail #1. :redface:

Oh I've already graced that thread, while I was still a moderator. I've got mad skills. :)

So here's your goal, bonnie. Create a post where the mods can't decide in which tread to put it... :)
She is aware of Mr. Sparkle's power. And my soap looks fishy. That's a taste none of us would like to try.

So here's your goal, bonnie. Create a post where the mods can't decide in which tread to put it... :)

I have my own ways of endearing myself to my former colleagues. :)

- - - Updated - - -

She is aware of Mr. Sparkle's power. And my soap looks fishy. That's a taste none of us would like to try.

Again, I have mad skills, young pup. Of course, you could always send me to Electric Vehicles. :)