Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will work with new full stack on ne MY with HW4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bobfitz1

Supporting Member
Sep 24, 2012
Ludlow, Vt
Does anyone have clear picture as to whether the new V11.x.x releases will not currently work for AP, EAP, standard FSD or FSD Beta on MY/3 with HW4.
I.e. V11.x.x releases where full stack takes over old code base to provide better capability for some or all of those on older models with HW3.
Thanks for any clarification.

No, probably not for FSD Beta, which is the single-stack you are referring to. The car will likely be delivered with 2023.12.X or higher, which is past the 2023.7.10 that contains 11.4.2. So you will have to wait.

AP, EAP, even FSD on the old stack will work, but you won't have features like Summon, Autopark, etc.

No, probably not for FSD Beta, which is the single-stack you are referring to. The car will likely be delivered with 2023.12.X or higher, which is past the 2023.7.10 that contains 11.4.2. So you will have to wait.

AP, EAP, even FSD on the old stack will work, but you won't have features like Summon, Autopark, etc.
EDIT: Missed HW4 so my post is NA to the OP.

As long as the car is below 23.12.10 then it can get 23.12.10/11.3.6 Beta and use it.

Last edited:

Thank you @uscbucsfan. I ordered without EAP or FSD for now. I'll wait a month until July to see if Tesla offers a one month trial of FSD.
If they don't I'll subscribe for a month or two. I would guess that if you subscribe they will allow just the FSD code alone to download to car.
Rather than packaged with one of the OTA downloads.

Thank you @uscbucsfan. I ordered without EAP or FSD for now. I'll wait a month until July to see if Tesla offers a one month trial of FSD.
If they don't I'll subscribe for a month or two. I would guess that if you subscribe they will allow just the FSD code alone to download to car.
Rather than packaged with one of the OTA downloads.
A free trial may come in 2024, but I doubt anytime soon. You could try it for $200.

My new S has HW4 and EAP, I didn't buy FSD this time. EAP works on HW4, at least on the S, but vision-based Park Assist does not. I'm on 2023.12.9. Although I had FSD in my previous S and my wife's 3 has it now, I decided it wasn't worth buying the option outright since I can subscribe when I need/want it.