Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice idea to pass the Tesla time. Software/systems integration engineer for a small but cool system. Keep perusing the Tesla job list and wondering. Was going to retire soon but the market and the Teslas are stressing. At least a promotion to the Roadster for extreme commuting helps.

Wow. I guess they were impressed with the Tattler you gave them. :wink:

Yes. :smile: I gave them one back in July and asked them a couple of question w.r.t the Tattler. A few months later I got a nice reply answering my questions that closed with: "On another note, I'd love to talk to you about ways you can help [Telsa] more directly if you're interested..." Three months later, I'm livin' the dream! I relocated from San Diego to Palo Alto/Mountain View.

I call that really dedication to make the Tattler work! From inside Tesla, not a single CAN bus signal will hide its information from Scott.

You can be certain he's signed a non-disclosure agreement...

Actually, I got an amendment to my employment docs that allows me to continue to sell/improve the tattler. But I can't use any Tesla Motors resources/email/work-hours/knowledge/etc. It's a pretty clear line since I don't work on the Roadster.

As far as coding goes, Richard is doing most of the coding now. He's has some cool features he wanted to add that I had held off until after the release. He also has the simulators I built so he can figure out other messages...

Disclaimer: The [Tesla] Tattler is NOT a Tesla [Motors] product. Tesla neither endorses nor withholds endorsement of the Tattler.

Back to lurking TMC...

Last edited:
Great thread and I love that everyone is willing to post their careers! With that said, I will not post mine.

J/K. Electronics tech in Aerospace, though at this point I consider my blogging about a certain televangelist to be my full-time job. I have such a bad taste in my mouth from my real job that I've decided to take the next layoff that comes around to pick up where I left off in school (halfway to an engineering degree). Learning is the one thing besides my wife that I can say I truly love.

Last edited: