Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hardware/Software/Firmware/Peripheral...etc Technical Project Manager, hold several patents when I used to be hands on...but now I mostly do executive cat herding where I'm trying to convince the barbarians that run companies to not swing flaming hammers at each other but rather build relationships and not play political games to ensure 5 to 10 year projections. But what I think I'm actually doing is seeing how far I can get up the chain without selling my soul. I subscribe to only the wildest of paradigms: The Elephant and the Rider - Sources of Insight
and of course this somehow makes sense as well but I really don't know how: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Also, just for fun...I like to picture the executives of TM in perfect harmony, executing a perfectly built plan down to all IC's at an ideal pace that doesn't compromise quality for the sake of greed or political agendas, but endeavors to bring to bear the pure magic of a highly profitable american electric vehicle company.

Discoducky, if you haven't read Peopleware, it's highly recommended. It should be mandatory for anyone in management in the tech world. Granted, the topics skewer a lot of management's sacred cows, but you sound like you're a good audience for it :)

My old job: 18 years at Qualcomm. Director of engineering. Cell phone hardware and test systems design. (a little video work too). R5000-HD and Tattler on the side.
My new job (1/16/12): Sr. Manager hardware test at Tesla Motors :smile:

I call that really dedication to make the Tattler work! From inside Tesla, not a single CAN bus signal will hide its information from Scott.

Cool! Any movies that we know of? Must be a few if you're doing well enough to afford a Sig eh?

I'm lucky enough to stay busy most of the time. I'm a bit paranoid about my online presence and linking it to my real life self, but I do a lot of wire work, motion capture and, of course, driving :) You can see some of my work in the upcoming John Carter of Mars, as well as Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and the Transformers franchises (among others, of course).

I founded, grew, ran and sold a Medical Imaging software company. Good result.

Then learnt how to build low-energy homes in the teeth of the property value collapse and banking crisis. Difficult.

Now well into the next startup which is in the energy space developing batteries that store heat (rather than electricity) and the systems that wrap around them. Currently engaged in a project to apply them in EVs for thermal services (to save the electrons in the electric battery for what they were meant for - driving the car along).

Now well into the next startup which is in the energy space developing batteries that store heat (rather than electricity) and the systems that wrap around them. Currently engaged in a project to apply them in EVs for thermal services (to save the electrons in the electric battery for what they were meant for - driving the car along).

A potential acquisition target for Tesla?! :) Great idea for a startup! Good luck! Any proposed applications for homes too?!