Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westchester County/Southern Fairfield County Dinner/Meet UP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaron -

Looking at this more seriouslyt what do you suggest as a route coming from Boston? It looks like the Supercharger route isn't the best - I was thinking of taking i84 all the way to the la quinta hotel (w/ chargepoint) and charging there overnight, then heading to the start point the next day.

On the return, I'd probably be forced to head south to the super chargers.

Oh - maybe Ben will come too? ;-)

Aaron -

Looking at this more seriouslyt what do you suggest as a route coming from Boston? It looks like the Supercharger route isn't the best - I was thinking of taking i84 all the way to the la quinta hotel (w/ chargepoint) and charging there overnight, then heading to the start point the next day.

bhuwan

187 Miles - Mass Pike to I84 to 684 then veer off to Yorktown
213 Miles - Pass Pike to I84 to I91 to 15 to I95 (top off in Darien) to I287 to Taconic Parkway to Yorktown

Not much mileage difference (26 miles!). 3 hours 20 minutes says Google Maps. With a top off at Darien Supercharger maybe 4 hours to 4:15.

Are you the kind of guy to try this as a day trip? Would be great if we could convince Ben to come - the more the merrier!

Aaron

Aaron -

If you come, stop by my house in the morning, which is 7 miles from the departure point, I have an HPWC you can use to top up...100amp service...I'm on teslaowners.com or plugshare....

All -

Yes the Bear Mountain Run & Lunch is still on for this Saturday, December 14th but at 11am instead of 10am. Meeting at the same place - Yorktown Cars & Coffee, 3399 Crompond Road, Yorktown NY 10598.

We have 6 people (so far) who have RSVP'ed yes - lets get some more!

Aaron

So true story. My car was at the Mt Kisco SC today for Pano creek/whistle and some SB's. They also swapped my 12V battery b/c I was still getting vampire drain on 5.8. They fixed everything, did all SBs, but updated my car, or attempted to, update my car to '5.82' and midway in the process, my car bricked, literally. This happened as I arrived at the SC to pick it up tonight. Now home with an Enterprise rental. They've been working on it all night, Brett the service manager is extremely apologetic and has been great and they've been speaking with CA about the problem, they literally have no idea and now think I may be getting an entire new battery. Bottom line is I have no MS, and so driving tomorrow's run in an Enterprise GM Acadia is well...i don't even know. So I encourage all of you to go forward and make the run (reservation is under my name up at Bear Mountain), or we can postpone, but certainly don't want to just because of me. Up to you guys.
Charlie

Last edited:
Postponed?? Why? ;)

Actually, I'm glad because I had airport driving duty today and would not have been able to make it. Drove from CT to Newark Airport at 2:30pm today. I chickened out though - was planning on taking the MS, but went for the AWD minivan. Glad I did - lots of people off the road, unable to make it up the hills on the Hutch and Merritt, and smashed into each other and guard rails.

Did go out for a short ride in about 2" of snow this morning. VERY happy with the car in the snow!