Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We have a problem we need to talk about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know these kind of conversations can be really hard, but we may as well just come out and say it.

We have a problem.

It is a big problem.

I went into Slacker this morning and tried out the Most Listened To By Tesla Owners channel. The first song was Justin Bieber. Then some weird Euro-trash. Then Kenny Chesney or some other strange country song about a truck, a dog, a woman and I think a bass boat, but it was hard to tell. Lots of crappy guitar and some weird voice-cracking.

What is important to know is I, and all the other Tesla owners, love you, whomever you are, despite your clinically awful taste in music. Might I suggest the Slacker Channel called 44 Greatest Guitarists of All Time? You can't go wrong with Classic Rock. If you are into it, a little House music is fun to drive to. EDM in general is great. Bieber? BIEBER IN A TESLA? DID YOU SEE WHAT HE DID TO HIS CHROME WRAPPED FISKER?? It looked like the Silver Surfer took a crap and put wheels on it!!

Sorry. So sorry. I'm upset. I'll calm down.

We can get through this together.

In the meantime, people, we need to seriously up our music selection game or you will be run off the road while air-drumming (autopilot engaged please) to The Thompson Twins or some other musical horror show.

Now now, Judgy McJudgertons, even music we don't care to listen to is still music. It was written and produced, maybe using different methods than old school music, but does that make it less of an art form? Art comes in many forms, and as the saying goes, it's in the eye (or ear as it were) of the beholder.

That being said, the next Tesla owner to listen to Bieber enough to keep him on the Tesla Top 20 needs to seriously think about where their poor life choices (except Tesla purchase) are leading them. And then issue the rest of us an apology.

Reactions: mrElbe and UberEV1
When you calm down from your rage you sound like an experienced Slacker user who can explain to me my biggest gripe: If I want to listen to music by a specific singer or group, Slacker responds by creating a channel with that artist's name and immediately plays a random song by that artist. But after that first song it may only play a song by that artist every five or ten selections and fills the gaps with all sorts of unrelated artists. Is there a workaround?

But after that first song it may only play a song by that artist every five or ten selections and fills the gaps with all sorts of unrelated artists. Is there a workaround?

Fortunately, yes! Tesla only provides a partially customized "middle-of-the-road" Slacker account. If you sign-up (and pay for) Slacker's premium account service, then input those account details into the Tesla's Media settings, you will be able to get what want. Frankly, I am OK with the free service, but certainly understand why some would prefer the premium account.

In the meantime, people, we need to seriously up our music selection game or you will be run off the road while air-drumming (autopilot engaged please) to The Thompson Twins or some other musical horror show.

Those of us with kids frequently find ourselves involuntarily skewed towards Radio Disney or something similar. :eek::eek::eek:

I'd way rather listen to The Thompson Twins than that.

Bruce.

Those of us with kids frequently find ourselves involuntarily skewed towards Radio Disney or something similar. :eek::eek::eek:

Bruce.
Depending on the age of the kids, I find it's useful to cycle through genres. My kids (7 and 10) get to listen to different genres for a week or more when we're driving. Blues, R&B, Rock, Alternative Rock, Classical, etc. Even punk. I figure it's part of my job to give them a rounded look at music.

Bruce.
My 4 and 6 year olds request stuff they hear while I'm driving, and I usually have either the radio or alternative hits on.

They seem to like Image Dragons, Lucas Graham, K.Flay, etc.

I guess I'm lucky in that my 8 and 11 year olds seem to have decent music taste... That said, they are in the car far less than I am, so even when we do listen to Katy Perry's Firework for the millionth time it represents a tiny fraction of the audio streaming.

I know these kind of conversations can be really hard, but we may as well just come out and say it.

We have a problem.

It is a big problem.

I went into Slacker this morning and tried out the Most Listened To By Tesla Owners channel. The first song was Justin Bieber. Then some weird Euro-trash. Then Kenny Chesney or some other strange country song about a truck, a dog, a woman and I think a bass boat, but it was hard to tell. Lots of crappy guitar and some weird voice-cracking.

...we need to seriously up our music selection game or you will be run off the road while air-drumming (autopilot engaged please) to The Thompson Twins or some other musical horror show.

No sensible adult listens to Bieber. . . That said, many sensible adults occasionally indulge their teenage passengers and their friends. . .

. . . Don't look at me like that.

Bruce.

This. My 2 and 4 year old are obsessed with Trolls and the soundtrack. On Day1, they were in awe that they can not only listen to the Trolls soundtrack (which actually isn't half bad), but can see the album art. However, Slacker is frustrating as 1 out of every 10 sounds is from the movie as mentioned above. They love Daddy's Tesla because of this.

This. My 2 and 4 year old are obsessed with Trolls and the soundtrack. On Day1, they were in awe that they can not only listen to the Trolls soundtrack (which actually isn't half bad), but can see the album art. However, Slacker is frustrating as 1 out of every 10 sounds is from the movie as mentioned above. They love Daddy's Tesla because of this.

Yes, I have this same problem. All I hear from the backseat is play the Bergen song from Trolls, and then again and then again (and again).

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum