Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting is hard!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to someone in a store and they looked it up for me. It says Production week of 10/14 and delivery week of 10/21 but I had to contact them. I have not heard from my DS yet. Starting to get a bit twitchy!

If it's that far out they probably will not until they are a little further along.

DON'T worry, they will get busy on it soon. It's not easy waiting, and now that they are pushing out Asian and European cars first, it will take a little patience.

Hang in there my friend...

I talked to someone in a store and they looked it up for me. It says Production week of 10/14 and delivery week of 10/21 but I had to contact them. I have not heard from my DS yet. Starting to get a bit twitchy!

I got email from a financial contact that I've been using for financing and she said that ours was going into production shortly. A DS will contact us about 2 weeks outside of delivery, which means very shortly. Look for an email from ....

So, I continue to wait (but the Nema 14-50 is installed and ready for something to be plugged in :smile:).

I had to wait quite a while mostly because they will not ship the HPWC before a VIN is issued. I had to prod the Tesla delivery lead Matt Aldridge ([email protected]) to get that going. He also introduced me to the DS at Norristown SC who is Bryan Hawn ([email protected]).

Once the VIN was issued and showed up on the site - the HPWC showed up within days since they used overnight shipping. I never got any tracking, just showed up on doorstep. If you live in an area where you don't want to leave a $1200 gizmo in a conspicuous white and red box with a big "Tesla" on it, you should be watchful for it once VIN is issued since signature isn't required.

I had to wait quite a while mostly because they will not ship the HPWC before a VIN is issued. I had to prod the Tesla delivery lead Matt Aldridge ([email protected]) to get that going. He also introduced me to the DS at Norristown SC who is Bryan Hawn ([email protected]).

Once the VIN was issued and showed up on the site - the HPWC showed up within days since they used overnight shipping. I never got any tracking, just showed up on doorstep. If you live in an area where you don't want to leave a $1200 gizmo in a conspicuous white and red box with a big "Tesla" on it, you should be watchful for it once VIN is issued since signature isn't required.

Perfect! I was on the phone today with Caitlin (inside sales - and she totally rocks btw) she was looking into the VIN and the HPWC timing for me. So I should be good to go in the next week or two. Looking forward to hearing how your delivery goes since we're both using the same SC and DS.

Waiting is hard. Trying to get some indication of delivery for a 9/12 confirmation.

First call was no joy, told to watch for email and dashboard changes :( Talked with someone yesterday who said I should have heard something and he would followup with email today. Just want to make sure nothing wrong.

Waiting is hard. Trying to get some indication of delivery for a 9/12 confirmation.

First call was no joy, told to watch for email and dashboard changes :( Talked with someone yesterday who said I should have heard something and he would followup with email today. Just want to make sure nothing wrong.

We're you quoted a "November / Late November" delivery? Its my current theory that anyone who missed Late October hasn't gotten their VINs yet. It doesn't help with the wait but its something to think about. :)

Mine just disappeared too - it coincided with me making the change for 19" Cyclones so it had me anxious! Supposedly no change in delivery date as well...

You will see all kinds of changes in production, out of production, back to sourcing, etc--it will get frustrating, but just know the car is running through, the dashboard is pretty much worthless--that's a quote from my Tesla DS. Told me listen to HIM, don't believe anything you see in dashboard as 'they are still working on it'.

I'll warn all of you now--do NOT get wrapped around what you see in 'Dashboard' as it's NOT accurate--period.

So take a sleep aid and try and wait until the week of your delivery, then start freaking out :biggrin:.

All is good gents, I bet all of you get your's before the date given.

Confirmed 9/9. Got my electrician to install 2 of the 14-50 outlets in my garage. One on either wall for flexibility. Now what?!

We're getting close... kind of surreal at this point eh? :)

I'm having the electricians come out Tuesday and I think we're gonna go for two outlets as well. My wife will probably end up with an EV at some point. How much did they charge you to install the two outlets if you don't mind me asking. I'm still waiting for a quote.

We're getting close... kind of surreal at this point eh? :)

I'm having the electricians come out Tuesday and I think we're gonna go for two outlets as well. My wife will probably end up with an EV at some point. How much did they charge you to install the two outlets if you don't mind me asking. I'm still waiting for a quote.

It cost me around $900 to have both outlets installed. Pricey, but that was mostly labor. I was pretty on top of the guy and he was busy the whole time. It just took a while to bend and run the conduit across the garage. And the place near my box required drilling through a stud and fishing flex conduit. I think the price would have been lower if I didn't have a full breaker box. He put in 2 x 240 breakers one for each 14-50 in case I end up with 2 EV's. That required changing out some of my 15A breakers for lower profile versions. I estimate it might be been 50 - 70% of the price if it weren't for that extra juggling.

It cost me around $900 to have both outlets installed. Pricey, but that was mostly labor. I was pretty on top of the guy and he was busy the whole time. It just took a while to bend and run the conduit across the garage. And the place near my box required drilling through a stud and fishing flex conduit. I think the price would have been lower if I didn't have a full breaker box. He put in 2 x 240 breakers one for each 14-50 in case I end up with 2 EV's. That required changing out some of my 15A breakers for lower profile versions. I estimate it might be been 50 - 70% of the price if it weren't for that extra juggling.

That's a pretty good price. Voltz electric is quoting me $900.00 for one outlet in the same room. I'm thinking my wife will probably end up with an EV so now I'm considering adding that second outlet here as well. I sent them this photo of my garage and I'm hoping to get an updated quote tomorrow.

Tesla Electrical.png