Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote on software features/bugs to fix in 7.1 and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to echo was Korben said about some of the features and in an attempt to manage expectations, I have found out with a certain amount of accuracy that recording from front camera to USB would require additional wiring as the video signal doesn't actually leave the Mobileye hardware. Now, the rear camera, the jury may still be out on because it does have a video CANbus or something seperate that goes to the center screen, hence the video you see. I did also hear a rumor that the front Mobileeye camera was color-blind, so take that with a grain of salt.

If I find out any more information to shoot down your ideas, I will let you know. However, this doesn't mean that for future implementations, that in Tesla seeing the huge request, has Mobileeye help them implement the ability for USB recording under autopilot V2.

Hear hear. Great article supratachophobia!

For those of you who want the initial, and very high level, summary you can click the image below. It was an amazing coincidence that while generating the word cloud the word "speed" was the most prevalent. I swear I did not purposefully tweak it. Can you guess what car silhouette was used for the graphic?

View attachment 101306

There are a lot of interesting correlations and connections in the data. It is going to take some time to go through them.

I do want to warn everyone again that sometimes those things we desire the most are the most difficult to implement. That said, solving a bunch of the simple challenges will go a long way in driving satisfaction as well. For me, it works best to treat releases that address my requests as a pleasant surprise.

Great job. Can you give us details on who this was sent to, when and if there was any response or acknowledgement from Tesla?

Great job. Can you give us details on who this was sent to, when and if there was any response or acknowledgement from Tesla?
I believe from previous posts there is an unspecified secret contact point that supratachaphobia has up within the ranks somewhere. Personally, I don't expect a formal reply - or at least I wouldn't hold my breath. I'll simply hope for a pleasant surprise in the release notes of future software updates one day.

Now would be an excellent time to ping Korben and see if he has the finally data analysis done.... I need sexy charts to put in my PDF.

Getting there. Slow going for a variety of reasons. Mainly because my time away from day job is scarce. That said, a couple things I am working on.

1. A new medium post "hidden gems" where some digging through the data reveals things that we want at a meta level.
2. Cleaning up the data to give you all access to it. This will let you do your own analysis without the burden of my perception.

Depending on available time I will go into a bit more analysis for each of the categories.

Not sure but we may have missed the window of opportunity.
v7.1 beta testing begins (Driver Mode, Self Parking, AP restrictions))

Actually, not exactly. We can always do a "7.2" suggestion. But more importantly (and read into this as little or as much as you want), driver mode for driver door only was a suggestion, as was showing the cars next to you, as was a tweaked interface. I'm not saying that Tesla has or has not seen the raw data or kept live tabs on the voting (nothing was restricted), but I do think that it's encouraging from both perspectives; either Tesla is listening and responding, or owner's wants are already in-line with Tesla developer wants for future planning.

I would still like to do a Part 2 on Teslarati that specifically calls out Top 25 and the bias owner's have towards Nav improvements that Korben found glaring at him in the data. That info, plus the medium graphs will be in the PDF to Tesla regardless though. I wanted to give Korben as much time as possible to feel comfortable with the interpretations of some of the details he was seeing.

Actually, not exactly. We can always do a "7.2" suggestion. But more importantly (and read into this as little or as much as you want), driver mode for driver door only was a suggestion, as was showing the cars next to you, as was a tweaked interface. I'm not saying that Tesla has or has not seen the raw data or kept live tabs on the voting (nothing was restricted), but I do think that it's encouraging from both perspectives; either Tesla is listening and responding, or owner's wants are already in-line with Tesla developer wants for future planning.

I would still like to do a Part 2 on Teslarati that specifically calls out Top 25 and the bias owner's have towards Nav improvements that Korben found glaring at him in the data. That info, plus the medium graphs will be in the PDF to Tesla regardless though. I wanted to give Korben as much time as possible to feel comfortable with the interpretations of some of the details he was seeing.

Not practical as we don't know what's in 7.1 to do a 7.2. I think we need to find another mechanism that doesn't require a lot of time and effort as this one did. When did we start this September?

Not practical as we don't know what's in 7.1 to do a 7.2. I think we need to find another mechanism that doesn't require a lot of time and effort as this one did. When did we start this September?

We started shortly after 7.0 release (23rd of October). Not too shabby for an adhoc attempt.

I would not get too stressed about 7.1. It would be pretty amazing to see more of these requests get into 7.2 (especially if it moves with the same velocity as 7.1 appears to be moving). We are heading into U.S. holidays. Want to bet that we see a bit of a slow down in releases?

It was nice to see the ideas in our list and then read the current beta rumors that seem to show it is happening in 7.1! Not sure we can take much credit there but, perhaps, there was already some small influence. Time will tell.

I use JIRA at work which I find I like a lot. People can vote on issues and the issues can be linked or grouped in various ways, just to name a couple relevant (though common) features. Since JIRA is a paid commercial product priced for use by teams or businesses, and probably overkill for our purpose, a free issue tracker would be more our size. I think that would be the ideal low maintenance long-term solution to help the community track feature requests and bug reports.

Feature request: Side collision avoidance to keep from getting curb rash.

Ultrasonics don't seem to measure under 12 inches. It's probably a hardware limitation. Car tells me to stop in all directions when I am in my garage, pretty much useless.

If it's not a hardware limitation, WTF? I can already get within 12 inches by eye, it's the rest that's a problem.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere or not (probably has, but I couldn't find it)... but it shows some interesting features that were considered in the design process... maybe some are still under development, or they've been killed. Interesting watch either way, although it takes about 10 minutes to get more meaty.

Last edited by a moderator: