Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vin 0062x pickup in Tampa 12/23 at 6pm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who wants AM? I can remember a trip from Bakersfield to San Jose in the early 90's, pretty late at night, far fewer services on I5 back then and NO radio stations to distract me from my overfilled bladder. Finally found 'The American Militia Radio Network' on AM. Scared my bladder dry with the crazy conspiracy theories they were going on about (the theories didn't scare me, the fact that there were people who would believe that crap did!)

Who wants AM? I can remember a trip from Bakersfield to San Jose in the early 90's, pretty late at night, far fewer services on I5 back then and NO radio stations to distract me from my overfilled bladder. Finally found 'The American Militia Radio Network' on AM. Scared my bladder dry with the crazy conspiracy theories they were going on about (the theories didn't scare me, the fact that there were people who would believe that crap did!)
But just think. This week folks waiting at the Tejon Ranch SC could have had something to listen to.:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

In the videos, there is reference to TuneIn Radio. This is an app that allows you to stream lots of OTA radio stations from around the country (and world?) including AM stations. I use it on my iPhone for free all the time. Only downside is streaming data charges of you listen to it a lot, I guess; but my iPhone is on an unlimited data plan so I never give it a thought.

I am not 100% sure. I thought I wrote it down correctly, but will confirm once I get the car back.
I did confirm the following:
They are ContiCrossContact™ LX Sport
Front: 265/45 R 20
Rear: 275/45 R 20

Note the M&S designation on the LX Sport tire shown below (not from Tesla obviously):
cont-crosscontact-lx-sport-f_4808_0.png

Cardinals games are on AM 1120, a 'clear channel' station (not the company). They are also on 102.5 HD3, but the HD stream goes in and out. TuneIn sometimes had the games but most of the time are blacked out. So yes, AM radio is still beneficial to me.

First, some more sincere thanks to you, Max for the provisions :smile: the MXs I saw yesterday in SLC are BEAUTIFUL. I cannot wait to pull my boat down I-15 come summer.

BUT... weren't model S owners unhappy w the Continentals? Preferred Pirellis or Michelins for wear or performance or? Sorry, I know there's a 100 page thread on it. I'm a Michelin fan, just bring your $$$

I did confirm the following:
They are ContiCrossContact™ LX Sport
Front: 265/45 R 20
Rear: 275/45 R 20

Note the M&S designation on the LX Sport tire shown below (not from Tesla obviously):
]

I would point out that these are compromise tires and not real snow tires. Likely won't be an issue for Floridians unless they venture north. For true snow tires, look for the mountain and snowflake symbol.

http://www.snowtyres.com.au/severe-service-emblem

First, some more sincere thanks to you, Max for the provisions :smile: the MXs I saw yesterday in SLC are BEAUTIFUL. I cannot wait to pull my boat down I-15 come summer.

BUT... weren't model S owners unhappy w the Continentals? Preferred Pirellis or Michelins for wear or performance or? Sorry, I know there's a 100 page thread on it. I'm a Michelin fan, just bring your $$$
I tried to read the old S threads and the model of tire for the S seems to be different.

Here are 2 screenschots from Tirerack where I searched on Model X and confirmed the OEM tires
Screenshot 2015-12-30 01.20.23.png
Screenshot 2015-12-30 01.24.25.png
:

And here is a review of the tires:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...utoModel=Model X&autoModClar=P90D#testResults

I would point out that these are compromise tires and not real snow tires. Likely won't be an issue for Floridians unless they venture north. For true snow tires, look for the mountain and snowflake symbol.

http://www.snowtyres.com.au/severe-service-emblem

I wonder if Nokian R2 Hakka snows or G3 all-seasons (but top ranked as a snow tire by Consumer Reports) are available in those sizes. I have the R2s as my Model S winter tires and they are great. Used to have the G3s year-round on our Odyssey which I also liked.

I wonder if Nokian R2 Hakka snows or G3 all-seasons (but top ranked as a snow tire by Consumer Reports) are available in those sizes. I have the R2s as my Model S winter tires and they are great. Used to have the G3s year-round on our Odyssey which I also liked.

Looks like the Hakka R2 are not available in 265/45R20, only 275/45R20.

http://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r2-suv/

Looks like the Hakka 8 studded tires are available. May not be legal where you are. Also, there are strong reasons to dislike studded tires.

I have WRG3 on my RWD P85 and they're good in snow. Not as good as the Hakka R2, but good. Took this today:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451457791.614473.jpg

Last edited:
As a guy that is 6'4", visibility is a big deal. We had loaner S for a week, and here is my view out of an S:
View attachment 106046

And here is my view out of the X. My new motto is 'Once you go X, you never go back'.
View attachment 106047

Max - quick favor to ask you. I have been trying to get the answer with no luck. Could you measure the height from floor of X to top of seat bottom cushion in driver seat when seat is set to highest position? I am trying to get a sense for how high we can sit relative to the floor.

much appreciated Max