Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade Button is Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few Sig spots opened up as people switched over to an AWD Model S; and Tesla long since confirmed X is coming in 2015. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but building cars is complicated and Tesla doesn't exactly have a reputation for getting ahead of schedule.

Apparently, keeping their web pages truthful and up-to-date is equally difficult. :confused:

Would there be any wisdom in switching to a Signature, knowing I won't go through with it, but with the hope that when I switch to main production they bump me to the front of the line?
It does not work that way. I went from Production to Sig about 8 months ago. Then decided that maybe there will be something standard on the Sig I did not want. I called to see if I could get my place back in the production line if I put a separate deposit down and was told 'no', so I just took a new place in line....about 1,000 places back from my original position. So, long answer to say no.

It does not work that way. I went from Production to Sig about 8 months ago. Then decided that maybe there will be something standard on the Sig I did not want. I called to see if I could get my place back in the production line if I put a separate deposit down and was told 'no', so I just took a new place in line....about 1,000 places back from my original position. So, long answer to say no.

But that's for an additional reservation. What happens if, when the signatures ship, you decide you want a different option set? Do they really push you all the way back to the end of the line?

But that's for an additional reservation. What happens if, when the signatures ship, you decide you want a different option set? Do they really push you all the way back to the end of the line?
IMO....yes. Call customer service in Freemont for definitive answer. If I am incorrect please post here as I am sure there are other people in your situation.

IMO....yes. Call customer service in Freemont for definitive answer. If I am incorrect please post here as I am sure there are other people in your situation.

When I put down my Sig X deposit, I asked about that. What I was told is that if I fell back into the production queue in lieu of the Sig reservation, then I would land in line approximately where I would be if I'd gotten a production reservation at that time instead.

In support of that idea, I was actually assigned two sequence #'s. Somewhere around Prod 1625 which was then upgraded a day or 2 later to Sig 184. What will really happen should this all come to pass is of course a mystery to me.

Seems like the response email was not tailored for signature upgrades but a blanket response to "new" reservations.

If this is true, then Signature deliveries haven't slipped and current US reservation holders should receive delivery in Fall 2015.

Seems consistent with some of Tesla's previous communications i.e. confused and inconsistent.

I called HQ and asked if I could place a second reservation and upgrade it, to preserve my Production reservation in case I changed my mind...was told that wouldn't likely work, and I should just sleep on the decision, and decide tomorrow. Upgrade button now gone, of course. Grrrrrr.....

I called HQ and asked if I could place a second reservation and upgrade it, to preserve my Production reservation in case I changed my mind...was told that wouldn't likely work, and I should just sleep on the decision, and decide tomorrow. Upgrade button now gone, of course. Grrrrrr.....
This is exactly what happened to me months ago. I had a 'P' reservation, decided to upgrade to Sig. Asked if I could keep the position in P line too with additional 5k deposit. Answer: No. So, I placed a separate 5K deposit and took a new position in the P line further down.

This is exactly what happened to me months ago. I had a 'P' reservation, decided to upgrade to Sig. Asked if I could keep the position in P line too with additional 5k deposit. Answer: No. So, I placed a separate 5K deposit and took a new position in the P line further down.

Why not upgrade the second P deposit that was further down? You would have had a sig plus the earlier P.