Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Front Bumper camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, coming from a Model YP I have been seriously contemplating X Plaid specially after the recent price drops but have few concerns:

1. Does the Model X HW4 come with front bumper camera port that can potentially make it retro-fit able when Model X follows suit after model 3.
2. What could be the speculative timeline that Tesla introduces ambient lighting, blind spot monitor in X since the cheapest of the flock now has all these features thought not in N America yet.
3. If I were to put a deposit today, can I willingly push down the delivery out by few moths until the upgrades appear? If so, what's the most in terms of months that ppl have been able to push delivery.

I understand tech is ever evolving and there's no point in waiting but if its only few months and these to me are major upgrades, specially front bumper camera, then I dont mind holding off.

Thoughts?

1. I don't think anyone knows, but I suspect the answer is no. Tesla very rarely accomodates retrofits, and I'm not familiar with them ever happening for exterior parts.
2. No one knows. I've stated in other threads that based on how quickly features have transitioned from foreign sales territories (where they're often first shown) to produced in NA spec cars, I would guess it'll be at least 6-9 months until we see a bumper cam and/or ambient lighting on an NA spec MX. It sounds like the safe money is on these eventually coming, but we haven't even seen photo evidence that this is true, thus the longer time frame.
3. Not really. You have a limited amount of control. Best you can hope for is that you're east cost and order a build that isn't common, so they take awhile to assign you a VIN, then you get to reject 2 cars, and I believe can delay any delivery by up to a week until they'll move on. After that, you lose your deposit and they cancel your order. With estimated delivery times for new orders in the Oct-Nov time frame, you might be able to delay until Dec or possibly Jan with a lot of luck. Still, this is risky, and if they attempt to deliver a well-built MX, I'd take it. You run the risk of the next one being poorly made and not being able to reject.

• Love
Reactions: Singh