Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whatever happened to the front bumper camera and ambient lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front camera is definitely coming soon

This has always been there. It is just the view from the camera on the windshield. It's been there since last year and is already functional.

Teslascope is the one that lied and shared fake news about ambient lights and front camera coming tat that time and I lost all my respect to them. They claimed that ALL S/X cars starting March 1 are being produced with front camera.. We are almost mid April now and they have been proven to looking for click baits with poor reputation that I would never ever trust them again. Imagine how many people declined delivery or canceled their order only because of their false claims at that time. I have a neighbor who just got his S this week with a production date during 2nd week of March. Of course I still believe that the ambient lights and front camera will come one day, but 100% the March 1 data for manufacturing swap was a lie. They made that claim as if they know something on that same day and I will never trust them going forward.

Reactions: Daniel L
1 - let’s hope the S seats are coming to the X plaid too
2 - would love any addl interior refinements - ambient light, better materials, etc.

As soon as these 2 things are confirmed I’m placing my order. I think the x is the best car in the lineup by far.
I would honestly love an option to get either comfort seats or sport seats.