Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my simple findings in an area that has plenty of Teslas I would tend to say it very well might be. Nothing scientific tho' to back it up. ;) I'm actually on my way to see my financial adviser now who owns a MS85. She has no clue about TMC, AP2 nor was she aware of the congestion problems at SJC where she charges on Sundays when she goes to the gym and leaves her car.

nor was she aware of the congestion problems at SJC where she charges on Sundays when she goes to the gym and leaves her car.

58741092.jpg

What to fix?
(1) drop the expensive and embarassing (to many) gullwing doors. The kids are getting embarassed waiting for the gullwings to open up (10-15seconds, and another 10-15secs to close) while other parents are waiting to clear the drop zone.

Looks more like 5 or 6 seconds to me:

And teach the kids some self-confidence.

First post here, been in the background for some time. Tesla and TSLA fanatic here.

Not sure if this has been speculated here yet, but is there a chance that the product is related to the gigafactory? Perhaps announcing long-term plans for more locations? Elon has described it specifically as a product in the past. Just my two cents.
Hmmmmm ... factory is the product. Factory shutdown in Fremont. Some sort of Factory product at the Fremont location? That would be too simple.

I'm starting to think it may be an inverter to go with the new powerwalls ... given the proximity to the release date before the vote, it would be a positive reinforcement of the synergy between Tesla and Solar city. Tesla has some pretty good high power inverter technology.

• Informative
Reactions: Model 3
Elon tweet : Tesla product unveiling on the 17th (unexpected by most), followed by Tesla/SolarCity on the 28th
------------

I've been thinking more about this, and suspect that the "unexpected by most" product announcement has nothing to do with the Model 3 or AP or anything in Elon's Secret Master Plan Part Deux. I think it will be...really I have no idea.

I'm starting to think it may be an inverter to go with the new powerwalls ... given the proximity to the release date before the vote, it would be a positive reinforcement of the synergy between Tesla and Solar city. Tesla has some pretty good high power inverter technology.

While the inverter would be a Solar City announcement, I was just reading (lost the reference) about the potential of a new DC/DC home car charger hooked up into a PowerWall/Solar Panel setup...

This would be more like an un-expected Tesla announcement!!

if AP2.0 doesn't get announced soon, more folks will delay ordering their Model S/X this quarter. It is a pressure they have to release.
Whether the announcement is of AP 2.0 or not, I think your comment is a very good one. The only way there isn't a drag on sales that increases with the passage of time is if most sales are to luxury car buyers who don't follow what goes on with the company or with the technologies it uses. But since Tesla doesn't advertise, I think those potential buyers tend to know and talk to owners who likely would be aware of these issues, or they would do internet research that would inform them about these issues.