Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and some of the other logging systems (like TeslaFi?) have offered up an option to 'treat offline as standby' as it is clearly not a simple fix...

TeslaFi has always had the option to treat offline as standby and a couple of other bits of functionality triggered when car goes offline such as sending an email when car is offline which is unfortunately pretty useless now.

But I do suspect it’s not a simple resolution to the issue as if the car is no longer showing signs of being online then you cannot really report anything different. Similar to if car is without mobile signal such as in an underground car park.

Shame really as seeing offline behaviour helped when our MCU failed.

Reactions: spooksman
TeslaFi has always had the option to treat offline as standby and a couple of other bits of functionality triggered when car goes offline such as sending an email when car is offline which is unfortunately pretty useless now.

But I do suspect it’s not a simple resolution to the issue as if the car is no longer showing signs of being online then you cannot really report anything different. Similar to if car is without mobile signal such as in an underground car park.

Shame really as seeing offline behaviour helped when our MCU failed.
I suspect they've changed something to save a tiny amount of power while the car is idle, doesn't really make sense otherwise to change it.

I am Jack’s lack of excitement.

Only visual change I can see is the bigger music playback widget. 👍

Software page in the car shows we’re on v12 but you wouldn’t know it as it’s not even mentioned in the release notes.

IMG_7429.jpeg

Reactions: Dilly