Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode won’t turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having the same issue, but not for me. One of the other profiles constantly turns Sentry mode on wherever the car is, despite it being turned off in the app and in settings. Tried turning it off on the profile itself, and the easy entry which it sets to when exiting.

In fact it happened before the update come to think of it...

My wife recently changed her iPhone after which I noticed that every time she parked at home, Sentry was 'on'. I checked in the car and home (on her profile) was excluded. I then checked her profile in the app and she did not have a home address registered. Same on the sat nav in the car. I added these and 'bingo'.

Not sure if it was the change of phone, a software update, both or neither. Whatever, it seems to have fixed the problem.

We have two cars, and as far as I am aware they are set up the same (exclude home etc), and the profiles are synced. When each of us uses our 'own' car, everything is fine, but if I ever use/unlock 'her car', sentry mode stays on when I leave it - regardless of where it is parked. It doesn't happen the other way round (when she uses mine), everything works perfectly).

We have two cars, and as far as I am aware they are set up the same (exclude home etc), and the profiles are synced. When each of us uses our 'own' car, everything is fine, but if I ever use/unlock 'her car', sentry mode stays on when I leave it - regardless of where it is parked. It doesn't happen the other way round (when she uses mine), everything works perfectly).
Have you checked each profile, in each car? Check the SatNav has your home address registered. I left my own phone well out of the way and entered the car with my wife's, ensured it was on her profile et voila, the SatNav did not have a home address registered.

Have you checked each profile, in each car? Check the SatNav has your home address registered. I left my own phone well out of the way and entered the car with my wife's, ensured it was on her profile et voila, the SatNav did not have a home address registered.
Yes, tried all those to no avail. Maybe I'll go through both again this weekend for another try.

Thanks for the ideas tho'