Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.14.x on Intel MCU model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that is on Intel MCU hardware (I have a 2020 Model 3) recieved 2024.14.x update as yet?

I'm wondering if the update is not being deployed to older cars. I have been really looking forward to Audible and speed camera audible alerts.

I'm also curious if the auto trunk open feature is enabled on older cars. My trunk is not electric opening but I do have the springs to auto open it when latch is released.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
Where does it say 2024 highland m3 only ?

Here (that's what "New 3" means):

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 1.49.41 PM.png

Upvote 0
Where does it say new is 2024. I mean its auto open trunk using ryzen computer chip, and us sensors…2022 and 2023 M3 have these. iPhone 11 and above (uwb). So the code to open the trunk only applies to 2024 M3…..I’m not believing that Tesla code creators limited that feature to 2024 models. No way.
I say prove it-show me a video of North American Tesla with the above criteria that it does in fact not work. Til then it’s speculation based on conjecture.

Upvote 0
Where does it say new is 2024. I mean its auto open trunk using ryzen computer chip, and us sensors…2022 and 2023 M3 have these. iPhone 11 and above (uwb). So the code to open the trunk only applies to 2024 M3…..I’m not believing that Tesla code creators limited that feature to 2024 models. No way.
It requires UWB for location accuracy. These are the only cars with that capability.

Upvote 0
I say prove it-show me a video of North American Tesla with the above criteria that it does in fact not work. Til then it’s speculation based on conjecture.
It requires the Ultra Wide Band chip which is only in the refresh "Highland" M3, refresh MS and refresh MX. It needs the UWB in the car so it can precisely know you are directly behind the car with key. Sure the cameras can tell it there is someone directly behind the car but it can't know it is the person with the key and therefore wanting the trunk to open.

If you still don't believe it then you can go and read the manuals for the 2024 refreshed M3 and the "old" M3. Only the refreshed 3's manual talks about the auto open trunk. Both manuals are up to date on the same software version listed as "2024.14"

Old: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/...UID-3667D28B-5B3B-49CE-A1C1-3D70AC60D9F6.html
New: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_us/GUID-3667D28B-5B3B-49CE-A1C1-3D70AC60D9F6.html

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: E90alex and MP3Mike
Upvote 0
It requires the Ultra Wide Band chip which is only in the refresh "Highland" M3, refresh MS and refresh MX. It needs the UWB in the car so it can precisely know you are directly behind the car with key. Sure the cameras can tell it there is someone directly behind the car but it can't know it is the person with the key and therefore wanting the trunk to open.

If you still don't believe it then you can go and read the manuals for the 2024 refreshed M3 and the "old" M3. Only the refreshed 3's manual talks about the auto open trunk. Both manuals are up to date on the same software version listed as "2024.14"

Old: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/...UID-3667D28B-5B3B-49CE-A1C1-3D70AC60D9F6.html
New: https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/model3/en_us/GUID-3667D28B-5B3B-49CE-A1C1-3D70AC60D9F6.html
If the new 2024 has this already why put it in the spring update. I still say prove it imperically.

Upvote 0
If the new 2024 has this already why put it in the spring update. I still say prove it imperically.
It didn't have it before the spring update. It got it in the spring update. The manual says 2024.14 software branch. Tesla updates the manual every time they add a feature.

I'll believe what Tesla and all the news sites have reported. Maybe you can prove it the other way if you really don't believe Tesla.

Upvote 0
Ya let us (me) know if the trunk works for u. I am going against the manual and community and putting my trust in the smart coders that they did in fact include the rest of us.
What is your reasoning for that? This wouldn’t be the first feature that Tesla hasn’t made available to all cars. The UWB feature is also used by the phone key on cars that have UWB support, but not all do. My wife’s 2023 Model Y does not, and neither did her 2018 Model 3.

Upvote 0