Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.14.x on Intel MCU model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that is on Intel MCU hardware (I have a 2020 Model 3) recieved 2024.14.x update as yet?

I'm wondering if the update is not being deployed to older cars. I have been really looking forward to Audible and speed camera audible alerts.

I'm also curious if the auto trunk open feature is enabled on older cars. My trunk is not electric opening but I do have the springs to auto open it when latch is released.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
What is your reasoning for that? This wouldn’t be the first feature that Tesla hasn’t made available to all cars. The UWB feature is also used by the phone key on cars that have UWB support, but not all do. My wife’s 2023 Model Y does not, and neither did her 2018 Model
Not sure it matters when it comes to creative coders that incorporate work-a-round solutions. Coders I have faith.

Upvote 0
Yeah, there's no mention of the trunk in my update notes.

Also updated my model Y this afternoon. The UI looks completely refreshed. Speedo font different and larger. The Regen meter is now vertical. The visualization is WAY more detailed and busy showing many times more cars and brake lights etc. The media player is different and audible was added. I also got my FSD free trial with this update. Didn't notice anything new when parked as far as the car model goes. Seems good so far though.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Upvote 0
Apple made ALL iPhones since iPhone 11-uwb. It’s a proximity thing.
It doesn’t matter that the phone has it. The car doesn’t.
I’m not a coder but if I can open my door with uwb on my phone
You can’t. Your phone key works via
Bluetooth.

Your car doesn’t get the hands free trunk. This is why that feature isn’t listed in the release notes for legacy Model 3. This is where the story ends.

Upvote 0
Couldn't find a better place to post my speculation, so here it goes:
I think a dumbed down (maybe 2d) version of High Fidelity Park Assist will be coming to Intel Atom cars in the following - or the next again - update.
This is based on JohnBBC's video of the new auto park in FSD v12:

Upvote 0
Apple made ALL iPhones since iPhone 11-uwb. It’s a proximity thing. I’m not a coder but if I can open my door with uwb on my phone, can’t be that big of a stretch to open trunk. I’m all in on the coders coming up with a work-a-round.
I'm a Bluetooth/UWB applications engineer. Am also a member of the BT Sig and Fira UWB consortium.

There are numerous types of UWB that are not interoperable. uWB is a rather generic term.

Not all iPhone 11 support UWB, the SE doesn't.

Android UWB support is rather more fragmented but many high end recent Android phones also come with UWB hardware.

The only Model 3 with UWB hardware is the Highland. No Model Y has UWB hardware yet.UWB requires a new radio that pre Highland Model 3 physically don't have. My 2023 Model Y does not have UWB hardware so will never support the handsfree trunk feature.

UWB also comes on many forms and standards. But the UWB used in phones (802.15.4.z) works via two way ranging and sits in the 6GHz part of the spectrum whereas Bluetooth works at 2.4GHz.

A UWB radio transmits a very short pulse, only a few nano seconds in duration but with the RF energy spread over a wider bandwidth than a technology such as Bluetooth. That ultra short pulse has advantages in that it is not prone to multipath errors that make BT/BLE proximity somewhat inaccurate. This makes calculating the distance between two UWB devices significantly more accurate than Bluetooth can do, at least before the introduction of BT channel sounding techniques.

Upvote 0
Where does it say new is 2024. I mean its auto open trunk using ryzen computer chip, and us sensors…2022 and 2023 M3 have these. iPhone 11 and above (uwb). So the code to open the trunk only applies to 2024 M3…..I’m not believing that Tesla code creators limited that feature to 2024 models. No way.
It's hardware related. UWB requires new hardware pre Highland M3 don't have.

Upvote 0
Yet no one can offer imperical test to verify it does not work. I need someone who has the new update an iPhone with uwb turned on to physically try it and shoot a video would put this to test for me til then my fingers are crossed,
Maybe make a new thread as that would attract people with pre-refresh M3 that are on 14.6 now and can do the test for you. This thread wouldn't attract such people other by happenstance as it has nothing to do with your inquiry.

Upvote 0
Yet no one can offer imperical test to verify it does not work. I need someone who has the new update an iPhone with uwb turned on to physically try it and shoot a video would put this to test for me til then my fingers are crossed,
It doesn't work. I tried it. There isn't even an option for it in the settings and no mention of it in the release notes.

Upvote 0
My fingers are crossed for full self driving on a 2013 Model S for the same reason. I mean, who cares that Tesla never published it as a feature for the car, or that it’s dependent on hardware the car doesn’t have. Nobody has tested it yet to prove it doesn’t work!

I have faith in coders. I’m sure they’ve got this.

Upvote 0
UMMM NO-auto trunk open should not be advertised for the new update without the disclaimer its just for 2024 models. Its deceptive, misleading and confusing. Youtube videos should start with -new update for 2024 models.

Dont spew and boast major new update but just for the 2024 models......while were at it......auto open trunk feature is on almost every single gas car and in a lot of other evs for free regardless of the year.

These updates are getting out of control-like 100 people all doing the same update video, saying the same thing. How many people must i watch all driving and showing fsd v 12.......like where is the creativity. Show me before and after pics, show me the flaws, the hidden stuff, show me something the 100 other people have not shown me.

IF THERE is nothing new for 2018-2023 models, do not say spring update is huge, should be new update for 2024 models. Why does a new car even need an update ?. WE older models need updates, the new 2024 got plenty of new features already........take a break from 2024 models, feed the older models who actually need it. OK rant complete

Upvote 1
UMMM NO-auto trunk open should not be advertised for the new update without the disclaimer its just for 2024 models. Its deceptive, misleading and confusing. Youtube videos should start with -new update for 2024 models.

Dont spew and boast major new update but just for the 2024 models......while were at it......auto open trunk feature is on almost every single gas car and in a lot of other evs for free regardless of the year.

These updates are getting out of control-like 100 people all doing the same update video, saying the same thing. How many people must i watch all driving and showing fsd v 12.......like where is the creativity. Show me before and after pics, show me the flaws, the hidden stuff, show me something the 100 other people have not shown me.

IF THERE is nothing new for 2018-2023 models, do not say spring update is huge, should be new update for 2024 models. Why does a new car even need an update ?. WE older models need updates, the new 2024 got plenty of new features already........take a break from 2024 models, feed the older models who actually need it. OK rant complete
Well, it's a complete overhaul of the UI. I'd call that a fairly large, if not HUGE, update.

Upvote 0