Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Trading Strategies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe a bit off-topic, but does anybody have a Excel/Google spreadsheet to calculate option prices using Black-Scholes (and willing to share)?

What I'm looking for is a sheet to calculate prices/premiums for several different days and stock prices and/or strikes and lay them out in a table. I'm thinking SP on the X-axis and days to expiry on the Y-axis.

I just use optionsprofitcalculator.com There are different types of graphical layouts to choose from.

Hmmm.. I should have probably waited Monday to roll my June options.... :)

Picked up 2017 Bull Call Spread 250-380$. Lost a bit of delta but at least I'm set for the "long term".

Does anyone else here use LEAPS for such wide call spreads? It's the only strategy I've been able to use reliably without getting burned too much....if the stock goes down I usually buy back the short call and hope in a rebound. If it rebounds I then re-sell the short call.
Thoughts?

Well, in light of the book coming out tomorrow and us getting closer to the real barrier of 260, I did what I told myself I wouldn't do anymore and that was buy some weeklies. I seem to have just as much good luck as bad with these things.

Interestingly, looking at the IV across the board, we are quite low compared to the Average. This week is the only bit with some excitement at 33%, we are flat out at 30% until Jul which is also 33% and it is a steady rise out from there. What I find interesting is how non-volatile the options are right now... everyone is just cruising along until Sep and the reveal of the Model X it seems...

Markets are liking the ECB bond buying program for May and June
Elon's book is released today.
TSLA has showed resilience these last days and the bears are grasping at straws.
260 is the next resistance level.

I'm buying weeklies 260 at opening.

Markets are liking the ECB bond buying program for May and June
Elon's book is released today.
TSLA has showed resilience these last days and the bears are grasping at straws.
260 is the next resistance level.

I'm buying weeklies 260 at opening.

Right there with you. Small position 20 contracts for .50. May be a winner (or loser)

Right there with you. Small position 20 contracts for .50. May be a winner (or loser)

I picked up a handful at .46 but got cold feet after the drop from 251 and closed out at .51, barely covers the commission, but ah well, am fully loaded on Sept. I am looking to enter more weeklies with play money if we see a drop. Good luck to you, I think you've got a good chance at some profit.

I picked up a handful at .46 but got cold feet after the drop from 251 and closed out at .51, barely covers the commission, but ah well, am fully loaded on Sept. I am looking to enter more weeklies with play money if we see a drop. Good luck to you, I think you've got a good chance at some profit.
Well....unless we have a dramatic rise Weds or Thurs my plan looks pretty bad...such is the short term 'game'

I bailed on my calls and half of my shares. This feels like a rollover to me. I hope I am wrong.

Is a rollover a change in tendency?
Yesterday somebody was commenting that on the short term, considering the rally of the last few weeks it would be wise to sell...Wish I had followed the advice: my June calls that were in the green are now bleeding.
After a nice runup, a correction was to be expected, 250 was a psychological barrier, while the resistance was closer to 260 (as I read at a few other places). I should have known better...
Let's wait for some good news :cool: