Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA has decisively penetrated the previous head-shoulder neckline and is now also above 200 MA. Very bullish. Next target 260-265.

BTW, why are the recent replies embedded in a particular post? Can the moderator do something?

I know which post was doing it, but the HTML was so complex (and our tools to edit tags on this forum so crude) that I was sure I'd make the post unreadable by tinkering. We've now got enough posts past it that you should be good if your post-per-page setting is 20 or less.

Can you screenshot it then delete the post and place the image in its place? I just went back through to read some of the latest TA since we moved so big today and it even crashed tapatalk, which is usually immune to those sorts of things.

That got me to the next page, thanks.

Can someone post a nice chart now that things have picked up again? I don't really believe in TA but I still love it when it's bullish.

Me too, what a relief.

We closed above the 200 day MA. ADX very bullish. MACD very bullish. Maybe a bit overbought...

chart_april27.JPG

RSI (14) is above 75 now, this is the signal of overbought if not top. @ 265 and @ 291 top, each came with above 80 RSI just a couple of days. Unless some magic happen, I think TSLA will pull back and consolidate around 230, then prepare for post ER pop to 250 if the price can stay ~230 before ER. If the pre ER run up is too high, then my post ER pop opinion might change.

RSI (14) is above 75 now, this is the signal of overbought if not top. @ 265 and @ 291 top, each came with above 80 RSI just a couple of days. Unless some magic happen, I think TSLA will pull back and consolidate around 230, then prepare for post ER pop to 250 if the price can stay ~230 before ER. If the pre ER run up is too high, then my post ER pop opinion might change.

TSLA has been well above 70 for extended periods of time on multiple occasions. Based on precedence, I doubt that anyone who has been following this stock for the last few years would give too much credence to RSI as a stand alone metric to project movement over the next few weeks

You are talking about the huge run from 50s to 190s. After that, most recent two tops hit after RSI above 80 and won't stay long for above 75.

TSLA has been well above 70 for extended periods of time on multiple occasions. Based on precedence, I doubt that anyone who has been following this stock for the last few years would give too much credence to RSI as a stand alone metric to project movement over the next few weeks

You are talking about the huge run from 50s to 190s. After that, most recent two tops hit after RSI above 80 and won't stay long for above 75.

Um, no. The RSI was also in that range during both runs from the low 200s into the 260s. It has not been reliably predictive with TSLA at all.

Yes, will the stock price eventually stop going up and RSI fall, sure. But if you sold every time the RSI was above 70 for the past 2 years, those would have been pretty stupid moves.