Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I haven't sold anything since things changed. When I go to sell at this point, will Ameritrade ask me which purchase it was related to?

You would have already been asked to confirm your cost basis reporting method for your overall account last year (or maybe it was back in 2011). I know I was asked on each of my brokerages, including with Ameritrade. You can of course go see what it's set to under your Ameritrade account profile settings. It's labeled "Tax Lot ID Methods". I've never tried to see if or how you can set a method for a particular transaction (before settlement). I just let things be with my selected "first-in first-out".

I'm with you. I'm afraid that if I sell, it'll only go up and I won't be able to afford to buy back in.

I'm not saying sell it all. Not even sell a bunch, just take a little off the top. If the stock price never falls back down and you can't buy back in, that is a high-quality problem to have. Nothing to be upset about.

I sold 8% of my shares at $30.85 there when I posted that. If I never get back in, you won't see me sad about that.

Wow, that's quite an article ! Off the top of my head, I think Elon has about 25-30m Tesla shares ?

If the share price really does hit, say, $150 within 5 yrs, that kinda makes his stock worth $40 billion or more. Add in Solarcity, Space X and the Tesla Options package etc, and this will put him at the top of the pile for worlds richest people …

I wonder what its going to cost to Terra-form Mars for his new mansion? Or, maybe he'll just move to some island with an extinct volcano and hollow it out !

Off course it could all go horribly wrong, especially if someone invents a good old fashioned matter-transporter or sumthin ..

Status
Not open for further replies.