Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that the range of the RAV4 was only 100 miles? The shareholder letter says: "With the largest battery pack of any non-premium EV, it is expected to have a city range of almost 170 miles, more than 60% above the Nissan Leaf. The electric RAV4 is a high performance version of the RAV4 with outstanding acceleration and excellent handling due to the low center of gravity afforded by the floor mounted battery pack." That's a lot bigger range than 100 miles!

Some people would find it useful. I could see an 'elite' or special version of the Model S down the road. Kind of like AMG with Mercedes. Could have a $110,000 500 mile performance Model S if that was technologically possible. More of a halo Model S than anything that would sell in significant volumes.

Outsider, you better correct the calendar in your signature!

Are you happy-dancing or shall I?

Found this interesting:

My takeaway:
  • Tesla is SERIOUS about power train development and isn't just giving lip services to being more than a direct manufacturer.
  • Tesla will likely see significant revenue from Power train development (this deal alone)
  • Tesla isn't afraid to "help the competition" and is sticking by the whole "we want to make all cars EVs" (The Mercedes being a great EV and priced alongside its gas counterpart would be huge for MB)

Some people would find it useful. I could see an 'elite' or special version of the Model S down the road. Kind of like AMG with Mercedes. Could have a $110,000 500 mile performance Model S if that was technologically possible. More of a halo Model S than anything that would sell in significant volumes.

Maybe it would be good enough to actually return to using the "sport" moniker.

As for the sigs, I'll update them when we actually get some firm dates ;)

I agree, but how are they not going to be upset when (if) it's announced later? 8^P

What if it could be offered as an upgrade, aftermarket?
I think it was in a previous call, Tesla said it'd be every few years that there'd be any battery pack changes. Various reasons, the R&D, the testing (crash testing presumably would be required), production line concerns, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.