Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transport Evolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2nd week without the wrinkled green background. I always though it was rather cheap looking but this is worse.
Class it up Nikki. :wink:

For wrinkle free try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKmSiBhnSU0

Or maybe hire an artist friend to paint an TE Logo or EV realted background on the white fabric versions or some foamcore/gatorboard. A mottled paint is a nice wrinkle cover-er too. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303027-REG/Botero_C02957_029_Collapsible_Background_5x7.html

Ebay.

They talk about Volt/Ampera running costs and Nikki then talks about her Plug-in Prius trip to Scotland and says she got "err about 70 - 80 MPG".

Actually it was 63... (doesn't say if that is UK or US gallons, I'm presuming UK)

Bobbyllew then goes on about his time with the PiP getting over 100MPG on trips to the shops and school - but that's the point, those would be infinity MPG with the Volt/Ampera...

However, I totally find myself agreeing with Nikki and Robert on the X.

P.S. MPT a child of the 80s? Pull the other one... :wink:

It was U.S. -- and that equates to 75 Imperial MPG... :) When writing on U.S. sites, I use U.S . MPG.

Also David, I think you'll find on several occasions that I've pointed out that the trip wasn't the best possible for myself or anyone else. But I needed to get home, there was heavy traffic, and quite a bit of that trip was either heavily congested (slow traffic) or roadworks.

As for language? I'm half Canadian, married to an American and write for a U.S. site. Of course I'm going to get my language somewhere between the U.K. and the U.S.! ;)

2nd week without the wrinkled green background. I always though it was rather cheap looking but this is worse.
Class it up Nikki. :wink:

For wrinkle free try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKmSiBhnSU0

Or maybe hire an artist friend to paint an TE Logo or EV realted background on the white fabric versions or some foamcore/gatorboard. A mottled paint is a nice wrinkle cover-er too. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303027-REG/Botero_C02957_029_Collapsible_Background_5x7.html

Ebay.

Thanks for this. I know it's in a bit of a state, and I'm sorry for that.

The studio is very small, and we've been tweaking some things in there lately. Please be patient. I love doing Transport Evolved, but it is carried out in a home studio on NO budget.

The shelf behind me will stay, but I've got some plans.

Nikki.

Thanks for this. I know it's in a bit of a state, and I'm sorry for that.

The studio is very small, and we've been tweaking some things in there lately. Please be patient. I love doing Transport Evolved, but it is carried out in a home studio on NO budget.

The shelf behind me will stay, but I've got some plans.

Nikki.

As a viewer it screams at me like you are typing in all caps.

This one is $45 US with shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x7-Lightwe...und_Material&hash=item27c3375eb6#ht_904wt_887

It was U.S. -- and that equates to 75 Imperial MPG... :) When writing on U.S. sites, I use U.S . MPG.

OK thanks, that's useful.

Comparing with the reported Volt EPA 35-mile electric range and highway MPG, that means the cross-over point between the Volt and Plug-in-Prius is 97 miles. So if you typically drive over 97 miles every time, get a PiP.

How many journeys are over 97 miles?

journeys.PNG

Sustrans

Incidentally, if you take the Ampera figures the crossover point becomes 200 miles! However, NEDC is (by Opel's own admission) optimistic.

Also David

Anois tá mé i dtrioblóid.

...P.S. MPT a child of the 80s? Pull the other one... :wink:

That's my decade; born at the end of the swinging 60's, grew up in the 70's but the 80's was when I got into music; Depeche Mode, Howard Jones, Thomas Dolby, Thomson Twins, Pet Shop Boys, Propaganda, Scritti Politti, Ultravox, Yazoo, Duran Duran, etc., and I so wanted to be Don Johnson - I think that covers it :)

Transport Evolved 89 - Like The Discovery Channel

Join Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield from Green Car Reports, Michael Thwaite from TeslaMotorsClub, and guest Jim Motavalli as they discuss the week’s news in the world of green cars, including Tesla’s latest finanical information, Fisker’s loan woes, Chevy’s return to basic facts, Toyota’s Prius Kingdom and much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm struggling to understand why Nikki gets so excited about the tidbit of Tesla being #3 on Google trends, and the term "advanced sales". Seems a bit silly, no only since she follows Elon on Twitter and he posted the "proof" before the press release (I think,: one day after the event):

Twitter

(If you really need an explanation, bear in mind this is a small company skillfully avoiding the expense of a marketing department). ;)

Often Nikki gets quite caught up in minutia, and also seems to have some dislike of Elon. She felt he came off poorly in Revenge OTEC, though I'm not aware of others who felt the same. I certainly did not come away with that feeling.

In my view ROTEC did have a bit of belittling startup-Tesla as not-a-real car company (and Elon as not-a-real CEO), and in the Q&A after one of the initial shows a Tesla rep was quick to point out "we have come a long way since then". In another Q&A it took a direct question for Chris Paine to say that he made a Model S reservation two weeks before. Meanwhile I take it as a given that Tesla will not only build best-of-class power-trains, but also best-of-class cars, modulo perhaps a few initial extra-efforts necessary. However, as Jim Motavalli took the step to "reserve judgement" (regarding the Falcon doors), one has to acknowledge that we can only say so once Model S has been delivered and experienced. Yet Tesla needs to speak now, it can't wait with talking about their cars until everything is "proven".

As I recall her complaints were more personal, basically that Musk came off as an overconfident ass of sorts.

Hmm, don't remember that.

I just didn't see that at all, I saw someone desperately struggling to keep his company alive, with great personal sacrifice.

Same here, from my point of view and its background. And not just "his company", but also 'making the idea a reality' on a genuine basis.

I don't think Tesla in ROTEC is anymore comparable with the Tesla of now!
LOTS has changed in a short time!
Only thing I saw was a person concerned about his business!

Keeping a business with difficulties a float needs a general who can inspire his troops! Just as in a battlefield!
What do you think a soldier will do if his commander shows he is not confident in the future? He will go to battle with less confidence too!
That is why Elon may be looking as overconfident. But the only persons who will know how he really is, are his close family and friends.

Business is like a battlefield! Only thing that does not happen are death persons, only death company's!

Transport Evolved 90 - She blinded me with Bricks

Join Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield from Green Car Reports, Michael Thwaite from TeslaMotorsClub, and special guest Thomas Dolby as they discuss the intersection of steampunk and electric cars, what you can fit in a Chevrolet Volt, and what really happens when you don’t keep a Tesla Roadster porperly charged.

Totally sympathize about using Daily Mail as a source for anything. Here's the Lit Motors Thread with a link to the post on AutoblogGreen from a while back. I've more recently learned that the designer of the Aptera is working on this now.

Also, I'm ready to throw John a fiver so he can run down to the dollar store and get a better mic. :smile:

Transport Evolved 91 - Bright Eyes

Join Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield from Green Car Reports, Michael Thwaite from TeslaMotorsClub, and guest John Voelcker from HighGearMedia as they discuss the week’s news in the world of plug-in cars, including Fisker’s new CEO, the demise of Bright Automotive, and much more.

Tesla "admitted" "300 miles @55 mph" in Geneva. Actually Tesla's website says @55mph since the "Options & Pricing" page came out end of 2011. (Except for occasional typos on the "Features" page saying @60mph for a short time(s).) Of course, the Roadsters values have been for about that speed for a long time.