Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some additional pics of blue under light and tan next gen seats, black headliner, obeche gloss.

View attachment 67840View attachment 67841View attachment 67842View attachment 67843View attachment 67844
709e6f287868648fe68c31e352d8bfa8.jpg
Gratz! That is a very nice combination! Thanx for posting pics. Exactly what I initially ordered. The wait made me go back and forth with colors, and I ended up with White Pearl with the 19" wheels for distance and comfort.. Same interior as yours :)

IMG_2249.jpg

Picked up the P85D yesterday. A little bit anticlimactic - no name on the car, no red scarf, no luck at lottery (no new generation seats, no heated wheel despite being in warm Minnesota). On top of that, car was charged to 180 miles by the time we left, and I had an 85 mile drive + 4 summer wheels in the trunk, so no fun acceleration; I arrived with 45 rated miles left (driving ~75 mph). That means no trips to the Twin Cities until the new software comes in...

The car is beautiful though, no noises (other than the brake squeak), could barely hear the engines. Will do a road trip today, see how it works, post some pictures.

One quick question - is there a way to set the brightness separately for the dash and command center? At low settings at night, the dash seems too dim; when I increase brightness to 35% the command center becomes somewhat distracting.

Last edited:
It looks like 5 of us are getting our cars this weekend in Toronto. I believe all of us are on these boards. I've been told I don't have next gen seats, and will see I get the heated steering wheel. As I've reminded myself, I didn't order the heated wheel, so getting it would be a bonus. As it is below freezing today I sure hope I do though!

Can't wait to see the red exterior with the tan leather and black headliner, with matte obeche. This redhead can't wait to take her redhead home!

It looks like 5 of us are getting our cars this weekend in Toronto. I believe all of us are on these boards. I've been told I don't have next gen seats, and will see I get the heated steering wheel. As I've reminded myself, I didn't order the heated wheel, so getting it would be a bonus. As it is below freezing today I sure hope I do though!

Can't wait to see the red exterior with the tan leather and black headliner, with matte obeche. This redhead can't wait to take her redhead home!
Congrats! Hopefully I'm only a few days behind you.

Picked up the P85D yesterday. A little bit anticlimactic - no name on the car, no red scarf, no luck at lottery (no new generation seats, no heated wheel despite being in warm Minnesota). On top of that, car was charged to 180 miles by the time we left, and I had an 85 mile drive + 4 summer wheels in the trunk, so no fun acceleration; I arrived with 45 rated miles left (driving ~75 mph). That means no trips to the Twin Cities until the new software comes in...

Sorry to hear about your experience, I'm somewhat concerned about this because I feel we should all get a consistent deliver experience. No bow, no scarf? I want my money back! ;)

The car is beautiful though, no noises (other than the brake squeak), could barely hear the engines. Will do a road trip today, see how it works, post some pictures.

One quick question - is there a way to set the brightness separately for the dash and command center? At low settings at night, the dash seems too dim; when I increase brightness to 35% the command center becomes somewhat distracting.

You have bought an EV. We now need to correct for technology. They are not called engines but rather electric motors.

Picked up my PD on New Year's eve. Love it! Story here. Question though, the center screen is not working properly. I've tried rebooting but nothing happens? I've tried it numerous times. Specifically I'll hold down both scroll wheels until the screen goes black. I then let go. Nothing happens. I waited for five minutes. Finally opened my door and the center screen immediately comes back on, but no change. I then tried holding the scroll wheels for 5 seconds after screen goes black. Waited another five minutes, still nothing. I open the door and again screen turns on, no difference. I've tried holding the scroll wheels for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, and even 45 seconds. Again I cannot get this thing to reboot. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Picked up my PD on New Year's eve. Love it! Story here. Question though, the center screen is not working properly. I've tried rebooting but nothing happens? I've tried it numerous times. Specifically I'll hold down both scroll wheels until the screen goes black. I then let go. Nothing happens. I waited for five minutes. Finally opened my door and the center screen immediately comes back on, but no change. I then tried holding the scroll wheels for 5 seconds after screen goes black. Waited another five minutes, still nothing. I open the door and again screen turns on, no difference. I've tried holding the scroll wheels for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, and even 45 seconds. Again I cannot get this thing to reboot. What am I doing wrong?

Try holding down both scroll wheels until the Tesla "T" comes on the screen. Sometimes this takes more than 60 seconds.

I just realized that in the entire spreadsheet of P85Ds here (well over 200 cars) there is only one other with my color combo of Black exterior with Grey seats. Lots of Black/Black and a few Black/Tan. Hmmm.... is my combo really that unusual?

Seems like it. And mine, too, looks like it isn't at all popular: MC Red exterior, grey leather, gloss obeche, black alcantara headliner.

Great! What color exterior did u choose?

I will be going with the Grey, Tan Interior, 21" Grey wheels, Black Headliner, and all other options other than the rear seats.
Later on, I will get a 19" set of grey wheels, aftermarket for winter tires & TPMS for the winter months.
I will be ordering the car at the end of 2015 for April 2016 delivery as it stands now.
Should be interesting to see what other options and features will arrive by my order date.

I think it's a great combo. I'm surprised how many black interiors there are in general. I have the grey seats and love them!
Would you say the grey seats are closer to white than grey? I'm not a fan of the silvery-grey seats BMW offered in their older cars and have "oyster" in my black X5 which is closer to a creamy off-white and love that. I was hoping Tesla would offer an off-white but no luck.

Actually... you know what would look AMAZING is a red leather interior! Imagine that on the grey or black cars?? Even silver goes well with red interiors.

Would you say the grey seats are closer to white than grey? I'm not a fan of the silvery-grey seats BMW offered in their older cars and have "oyster" in my black X5 which is closer to a creamy off-white and love that. I was hoping Tesla would offer an off-white but no luck.

Actually... you know what would look AMAZING is a red leather interior! Imagine that on the grey or black cars?? Even silver goes well with red interiors.
Wow, bad time to be getting the jitters about your color combo :smile:
i think it's a great combo, I was surprised how many other people had the black. For me, I seem to have conservative tastes and I'm also a bit OCD about dirt on light surfaces. I had light colored seats on a previous car and I found that it gained a bluish tinge from my jeans which was hard to remove (I wear jeans a lot). I also have found that it was easy to get dirt on light colored headliners so I've now got the black headliner even though I know my car will look very dark.

Anyone order a P85D lately? The spreadsheet growth has seemingly slowed-down quite a bit. To find it, it is on the first page of this thread. I would think that the holiday revelry would have led to a few orders during holiday cheer. I am looking forward to news of the S85D in the real world to start (and also the software update) to decide if I want to join the party with an order.

It seems like insurance is something Tesla owners really need to nail down, since there are so many insurance company loop holes and technicalities that must be closed by owners before pulling the trigger on coverage. I've heard of agreed amount coverage which would get a brand new regardless of depreciation, which seems safest bet for a lot of folks. Also, comparing coverages, companies, rates, and practices. Owners should really get a sort of class level education in how to insure their specific models and options vehicles.

I just realized that in the entire spreadsheet of P85Ds here (well over 200 cars) there is only one other with my color combo of Black exterior with Grey seats. Lots of Black/Black and a few Black/Tan. Hmmm.... is my combo really that unusual?

There's still not even one other P85D in the spreadsheet with my color combination - Blue, grey interior, with obeche matte and black alcantara. I was a little worried before it came, but now that I have it, I think it looks really good.

There's still not even one other P85D in the spreadsheet with my color combination - Blue, grey interior, with obeche matte and black alcantara. I was a little worried before it came, but now that I have it, I think it looks really good.

I can't imagine any combination that wouldn't look good on this car. I'm particularly a fan of how simple the Tesla interior is. In looking at many other cars over the previous couple of years, I was surprised with how few interiors I really liked. Admittedly it can be a case of style over function - a few more storage bits might help but aesthetically I love this interior, whatever finish or colors.

View attachment 67923

SVP, congrats on taking delivery. I have to say my delivery experience with the MSP SC was somewhat disappointing too. This is my second Tesla purchase and delivery from them.

It took nearly two hours to complete paperwork and no next gen seats for me. No red scarves. I'm a little jealous of the TLC other's have had at delivery. I too only had 200 rated charged miles at delivery. It was -10 on the evening we took delivery. I 'm glad we had a supercharger in Albert Lea on the way home otherwise we would not have made it.

Anyway, the car is beautiful and I'm excited for the upcoming software update.

Last edited: