Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today (11/28) was the day that my car was supposed to reach "end of line" and start production. It's going to be interesting to see how accurate that prediction was. No status-change this morning, so maybe tonight. Or maybe I got caught in the "not black seats" time vortex. Are there any folks who've gone into production that also knew their end of line date? I'd be curious to see if there's any pattern.

Sorry if it's been cleared up already, I searched and I couldn't find it.
I see some people say EOL is when it should reach the end of production, and some (like above) say end of line and start production.

Which is it. If it's starting production, what "line" is it the end of?

Seems more intuitive that EOL = end of production and exits the production line into QA/delivery...

Sorry if it's been cleared up already, I searched and I couldn't find it.
I see some people say EOL is when it should reach the end of production, and some (like above) say end of line and start production.

Which is it. If it's starting production, what "line" is it the end of?

Seems more intuitive that EOL = end of production and exits the production line into QA/delivery...

Think of it is way. You go to the DMV, there is a long line. You get on the end of the line. The front of the line is the guy about to be served. For cars end of line is start of production.

Think of it is way. You go to the DMV, there is a long line. You get on the end of the line. The front of the line is the guy about to be served. For cars end of line is start of production.

It's start of production, and it's the WEEK of production, not the exact day. So EOL of 12/1 means the car will begin production anywhere between 12/1 and 12/7.

Talked to my DS and my car will arrive in Vancouver next week - possibly as early as Monday. Given the possibility of getting my car sooner, I'm going to skip the delivery process in Vancouver and have them just deliver it to Calgary ASAP. Means I could have my car in Calgary by Thursday or Friday (4th or 5th).

Talked to my DS and my car will arrive in Vancouver next week - possibly as early as Monday. Given the possibility of getting my car sooner, I'm going to skip the delivery process in Vancouver and have them just deliver it to Calgary ASAP. Means I could have my car in Calgary by Thursday or Friday (4th or 5th).

That's awesome, maybe your car is on PDX's same truck. We are supposed to have crappy snowy weather here for the next few days so hopefully that will not slow down the delivery trucks.

Thanks, I was thinking of the "production line" which is where the car is being built, so end of line seemed to mean the end of the production line, i.e finished. Thanks for the explanation.

Carnegie Hall? Sounds like a story there: do tell.

I was only somewhat aware of the consequences of my 15 year old daughter entering an international vocal competition for the American Fine Arts Festival, as a surprising winner in the classical/opera category she's slated to sing solo in the smallest hall there. Good for college applications for sure.

Definitely worth pushing back delivery of the P85D.

I was only somewhat aware of the consequences of my 15 year old daughter entering an international vocal competition for the American Fine Arts Festival, as a surprising winner in the classical/opera category she's slated to sing solo in the smallest hall there. Good for college applications for sure.

Definitely worth pushing back delivery of the P85D.

You have your priorities straight, that is for sure! :smile:

Shut up!.....I am taking my loaner back on tuesday, I am so going to ispy your car!

Just don't drool directly on car. :)

Just heard back from my DS. Here's what he said:
Your car is in the final stages of production. Being one of our first Dual Motor cars, there is an intensive inspection process that is happening. I am currently waiting for the car to be released for transportation. Once it is on a truck we will have a clear picture of when the car can be delivered. Our factory is closed for the holiday weekend, so I imagine the car will be inspected and released on Monday.

So it may not be there Tuesday which is okay... They can take their time with it. I want it done right :)

Your car is in the final stages of production. Being one of our first Dual Motor cars, there is an intensive inspection process that is happening. I am currently waiting for the car to be released for transportation. Once it is on a truck we will have a clear picture of when the car can be delivered. Our factory is closed for the holiday weekend, so I imagine the car will be inspected and released on Monday.

So it may not be there Tuesday which is okay... They can take their time with it. I want it done right :)

Doesn't surprise me, it will most likely be the following week!

oh crap. Mine virtually flew off the line. Wonder if they slowed down after mine and I'll get some frankenstein car. Oh well! Still excited!