Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model S Refresh LR/Plaid RN1154xxx and up thread...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Hello everyone! :D

I decided to start a new thread, one dedicated to more recent orders (at the time of this OP) for the refreshed model S ==> as the general "S" delivery thread is many thousands of pages long, and most posts are from those who ordered long ago and are frustrated by the delays, etc.

This thread aims to track "newer" orders, timing, flow, quality issues, etc., for cars ordered (and later delivered) after the 7/15/21 point.

To start things off, I ordered a Plaid on 7/29; based on an EDD of Sept/Oct. Soon after placing the order, the EDD changed to January! After a lot of back and forth with my assigned SA, and after changing my configuration no less than three times since then, my current EDDs have gone from January to Blank.

I currently have on order today a Plaid ==> MSM w/Cream and Walnut interior, FSD and 19" wheels.

What's your story and experience?

I ordered Plaid+ the day of/after the announcement. After Elon cancelled the Plus, my reservation was changed automatically to Plaid. Mine was delivered in July, but might have been influenced by the fact that this was my 4th Tesla, the first and second delivered to my home 10 and 6 years prior. The last 2, I had to drive 350 and 330 miles, respectively one way to pick them up. The drives home gave me a good chance to get to know the cars. Bottom line is first ordered, first received—generally.

Order placed in early August. EDD:
- Started off in March
- Moved to November-December -- at which point I changed from 19s to 21s
- Moved to December-January
- Moved to Sep 15-30, where it's held for a week now

I'm really of two minds about this. I'd love to get the car soon, but since I'm near Fremont, it'll be in the EOQ rush. Maybe I should flip the config around a little and get moved to the back of the line in order to get a 2022 car and allow Tesla more time to get their build quality and software s**t together. :)

On the fence!

Reactions: Mrhpsn and jebinc
Order placed in early August. EDD:
- Started off in March
- Moved to November-December -- at which point I changed from 19s to 21s
- Moved to December-January
- Moved to Sep 15-30, where it's held for a week now

I'm really of two minds about this. I'd love to get the car soon, but since I'm near Fremont, it'll be in the EOQ rush. Maybe I should flip the config around a little and get moved to the back of the line in order to get a 2022 car and allow Tesla more time to get their build quality and software s**t together. :)

On the fence!
Aug order with you, (1154). EDD date went from March to blank about 2 weeks ago so I'm watching your delivery situation closely.

Reactions: planetary
How bad do you think I'd be screwing myself over if I changed it to Cream? The more I see it, the more I want to switch (esp with a 2 year old).

tl;dr - No idea. Maybe other members can report their experience.

Speculation: I changed my order once and got pushed out a month (Thanksgiving --> Christmas), before I was magically pulled into September for reasons passing understanding. OTOH, since your date is somewhere between "Feb" and "unknown" -- maybe flipping to Cream would pull you into Dec/Jan? Maybe you would get pulled in at some point like many others, and get in sometime in Q4?

tl;dr - No idea. Maybe other members can report their experience.

Speculation: I changed my order once and got pushed out a month (Thanksgiving --> Christmas), before I was magically pulled into September for reasons passing understanding. OTOH, since your date is somewhere between "Feb" and "unknown" -- maybe flipping to Cream would pull you into Dec/Jan? Maybe you would get pulled in at some point like many others, and get in sometime in Q4?
Thanks for the info, I just emailed my wife's old SA for her Y about a way to change it since the "edit order" option is gone from my account now. Any changes I'll be sure to report back.

Reactions: jebinc