Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE Speakers and Topics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging by this persons LinkedIn resume, they look to be a consummate professional at planning conferences, meetings and corporate events, for multiple fortune 500 companies. I apologize if I made it sound like this was some rinky-dink party planner!

I'll keep quiet in order to keep the mystery going :wink:
Oooh! How nice! Good for her! (I think I know too. Unless there are multiple wives like that here... which isn't that far fetched...)

The date had to move in order to secure a special guest. Will update soon!

While many of us were hoping for more of a Get-Amped style nation-wide event, or a Maker Fair type of thing with the first one June 29th, this makes it pretty obvious that it's one location, one time. At least this year. And no longer likely to be on June 29. Whatever it is, knowing Tesla, it will be fun.

While many of us were hoping for more of a Get-Amped style nation-wide event, or a Maker Fair type of thing with the first one June 29th, this makes it pretty obvious that it's one location, one time. At least this year. And no longer likely to be on June 29. Whatever it is, knowing Tesla, it will be fun.

It looks like the count-down clock has been reset to July 13th.

Larry

Surprisingly, I have not been invited to speak recounting my involvement in the very first MS rear ender at the very first Get Amped event in Fremont. Participants in these historic events won't always be around to provide first person accounts.:wink:

I think we've specifically planned a session for mocking that incident, so no worries.

:)

Last edited:
Yes, if you could get some of the brains from the investors thread on stage (Citizen-T, Robert.Boston, luvb2b, smorgasbord, Curt Renz, etc.) as panelists with moderator Adam Jonas from Morgan Stanley, would make an awesome session.

"How to pay for your next Tesla with TSLA"

TESLIVE seems to like the idea of a panel on investing strategies with an analyst as moderator.

However, Adam Jones from Morgan Stanley is not available. So here are some additional names of analysts who are regulars on the Tesla earnings calls that I suggest the organizers check into as possible moderator for a session at TESLIVE:

Himanshu Patel - JPMorgan, Senior Equity Analyst (has followed automotive sector for eight years)
Andrea James - Dougherty & Company, Vice President, Senior Research Analyst (has been on Bloomberg)
Patrick Archambault - Goldman Sachs, Vice President, US Automotive (has been bullish on TSLA)
Dan Galves - Deutsche Bank, automotive research VP (conservative $35 target)
Carter Driscoll - Capstone Investment, Wall Street analyst (slapped a sell rating on Tesla three years ago)
Ben Schuman - Pacific Crest (liked Musk fighting back NYT Broder episode)
Ravi Shanker - Morgan Stanley, Vice President and Lead Analyst for the North American automotive sector
John Licata - Blue Phoenix, Energy strategist (has been on Fox News)
Amir Rozwadowski – Barclays Capital (Tesla top pick in clean tech)
Elaine Kwei – Jefferies & Co. (has been on Bloomberg)
John Lovallo – Bank of America-Merrill Lynch (downgraded Tesla after Q4 earnings last February)
Ben Kallo – Robert W. Baird, expert green tech analyst (has been on Bloomberg w/ Cory Johnson)
Aaron Chew - was Maxim Group analyst covering Tesla, now VP of Investor Relations at SolarCity

If you have any other suggestions, or a particular preference for one of the above, please comment.

I'll cross post this on the Investor Analyst thread as well.

Last edited:
I always like to hear about what they have in mind for the future.

What are they learning from Model S customers that they plan to apply to future models?

The drivetrain in Model S seems to get the job done quite well. Are there things about the drivetrain that they want to improve further?
( I suppose at some point, the goals will be primarily iterative cost and weight reductions. )

Yes, if you could get some of the brains from the investors thread on stage (Citizen-T, Robert.Boston, luvb2b, smorgasbord, Curt Renz, etc.) as panelists with moderator Adam Jonas from Morgan Stanley, would make an awesome session.

"How to pay for your next Tesla with TSLA"

Yes!! That would definitely make for a very popular session, I'm working on that plan right now! :redface:

Batteries, batteries, etc.

1. Metal-air batteries, 1000 miles on a charge!
2. "Graphene, a very simple carbon polymer, can be used as the basic component of a "supercapacitor" -- an electrical power storage device that charges far more rapidly than chemical batteries. Unlike other supercapacitors, though, graphene's structure also offers a high "energy density," -- it can hold a lot of electrons, meaning that it could conceivably rival or outperform batteries in the amount of charge it can hold."
3. Battery upgrades for Model s and others.