Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24M3RWD: hitch noise from screen area and adding rear speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy! Two things:
There’s a hight-pitch noise coming from the screen area you can only hear when sitting idle. I saw a couple of videos about this same exact issue I’m having and Tesla said it was normal. Anyone else with a 24 M3 have this issue?

Upgrading RWD audio: I’m looking at the schematics of the car and it looks like I could at least add speakers to the rear deck to start. Maybe a sub if I can order the same parts.

what are the chances the wiring for a sub and rear deck speakers is already present? I haven’t yet looked myself but will do so in a week or two.

We had a similar problem in a 2020 MY. There is a small fan inside the underneath part of the screen mount that circulates cabin air past a sensor. Should be able to access it by pulling off the small cover. Unplug the fan and see if that was the source of the noise. If so, you can order a replacement via a Service Request on the app, and replace it yourself. If that's not the issue, then a visit to a Service Center or by a Mobile Tech would be needed. Good luck.