Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla unable to transfer FSD due to firmware compatibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was, and likely still is a disclaimer, that says your car is using Tesla vision and some features will be available in a future update.
And indeed you would have had to explicitly acknowledge that to proceed with the delivery (or ordering, can't recall exactly when this pops up).

BTW: I can understand that Smart Summon will take a while, but basic summon should work ok with the current state of camera object/distance detection and Tesla should just re-enable that.

And indeed you would have had to explicitly acknowledge that to proceed with the delivery (or ordering, can't recall exactly when this pops up).

BTW: I can understand that Smart Summon will take a while, but basic summon should work ok with the current state of camera object/distance detection and Tesla should just re-enable that.
This is what i got from Tesla "
Smart summons will not be available on delivery of model 3 and model Y cars built for North America that are not equipped with radar. These features will be deployed via over-the-air updates in the weeks ahead.

Software update 2021.4.18.10 enables Smart Summon for Tesla Vision cars."

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold