Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1644001720040.png

Cory will be wrong one day...today is not that day.

Entire market scratching their heads as tech ignores the 10 year.

Headline from CNBC

I really don't get it @Singuy. I watch Cory's video daily (I look at it as another data point to consider, and I can't get enough news about Tesla and TSLA). But what I hear him saying daily is, 'market/stock may rally, but it could easily go down as well.' So it's like 60%/40% probability and then he cherry picks the times when his 60% call was accurate and starts his commentary with 'I told you....'

At least, that's what I hear. Maybe it's due to me being skeptical.

Bullish sign y'all!!

Another FUD link, you're on a roll!

Here is our FUD friend JM in 2020: (I've removed the URL, but you can read the link: cnbc.FUD/2020/01/29/bank-of-america-admits-rude-awakening-for-bearish-tesla-call.FUD

and it seems obvious from his articles to be 'in-bed-with' legacy: John Murphy

This is on Bloomberg behind a paywall so I won't bother posting a link...

Vast DOJ Probe Looks at Almost 30 Short-Selling Firms and Allies​

The Justice Department is collecting a trove of information on dozens of investment firms and researchers engaged in short selling as part of a sweeping U.S. hunt for potential trading abuses, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation seized computers from the home of prominent short seller Andrew Left, the founder of Citron Research, in early 2021, some of the people said. In more recent months, the Justice Department subpoenaed certain market participants seeking communications, calendars and other records relating to almost 30 investment and research firms, as well as three dozen individuals associated with them, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing confidential inquiries.
Just please tell me the headline was NOT shaped in the form of a question mark.

"Might this make my weekend?"

I really don't get it @Singuy. I watch Cory's video daily (I look at it as another data point to consider, and I can't get enough news about Tesla and TSLA). But what I hear him saying daily is, 'market/stock may rally, but it could easily go down as well.' So it's like 60%/40% probability and then he cherry picks the times when his 60% call was accurate and starts his commentary with 'I told you....'

It's healthy being skeptical. It can guard against making rash decisions. All we can do is take in all the data and opinions out there and form our own view on what's likely to happen. Then all you can blame is yourself if it all goes wrong. ;)

Reactions: WattsHappening
Having gotten used to this roller coaster ride, I totally agree!

But... Many of us are strongly in LEAPS. Many of us have trusted the devil and are using a little or a lot of margin (I've been there myself!).

IMHO this might be a good time to ask ourselves what would happen if there was a market crash or recession and TSLA dropped to like $400 or $500 for over 24 months. Unless you're just HODLING shares. Then you'd likely do OK in the long run unless you're deep in margin

This is a very good point. People investing in derivatives and on margin should always model what happens under various market conditions. Because I make use of both, I make trades only after considering the impact to my portfolio's robustness.

Although I consider myself to be a relatively aggressive investor, I shudder when others get margin calls here. If TSLA was $500 one year from now, my portfolio would lose 75% of its value but I would not have a margin call. I certainly wouldn't be very happy, but my lifestyle would be fine.

The risk is acceptable because the upside is so much greater. I wouldn't complacently watch while circumstances drove TSLA down either. However, a 2-3% 10 year interest rate is certainly not extreme nor are SP gymnastics for a month to six.

Last edited:

I agree with you but in this latest video he very clearly said he believes in an upcoming rally. It will be a good time to check his prediction against reality.

This has been a multi year effort to try and reduce or stop this. Only recently receiving some funding. More was in BBB

Lets be clear this is Fossil Fuel subsidies. When the government (us) need to pay for clean up it is a subsidy. Yes the fossil fuel companies should, but lawsuits and bankruptcy laws allow them to get around it.

Anyone who considers EV market share to be a separate thing is a clown who isn't worth listening to. There is one auto market. That's the only market share that matters.
Also, the numbers he's using for GM are based on Q2.........of 2021. He knows damn well GM's EV marketshare plummeted to zero in Q4.

What's he's saying is blatant lying and what I would consider to be fraud.

Nothing's going to happen to him so there's no point in giving one more second to his thoughts. Like everyone here expects, 2022 will be the year that the narrative crumbles for legacy auto.

I think we're just going to see a continuation of what we've seen for years now. Recession in the old parts of the economy, booming economy in others. The thing to watch is that the booming parts of the economy have grown to a scale where they're the driving force now.

Which is going to confuse a lot of old school economist and wall st old timers. The traditional metrics of measuring the health of the economy need to be thrown out the window.
The new school economy may not offset enough of the old school economy at least for the near term until they get this supply chain issue solved. Tesla is growing lots but they could be growing 20-50% faster if we had no supply chain issue. However they can't out glow the cluster F that is happening with legacy auto right now.

I'm not really getting excited for this recent move in the past hour........I'd put odds on the stock ending the day at 920, regardless of if the macro's go even higher.
Pretty good spike over $930, think we'll slip all the way to a $949 close? Seems like a lot of covering is going on and it's still pretty early in the afternoon.

Edit: QQQ climbed to......you guessed it......$359.99 about 10 minutes ago and has been pushed down a bit form there. I could see that dam bursting and TSLA is allowed to slip to 950. Still an amazing and nearly perfect close for MMs.

Last edited:
The new school economy may not offset enough of the old school economy at least for the near term until they get this supply chain issue solved. Tesla is growing lots but they could be growing 20-50% faster if we had no supply chain issue. However they can't out glow the cluster F that is happening with legacy auto right now.
In terms of revenue per GDP, sure it will take more time for the new economy to offset the old economy

In terms of earnings/profits per GDP, we're already there. And the rate at which the new economy is taking over in terms of earnings/profits is only accelerating.

It can but small impact drilling rigs such as Dandelion can do wells in smaller areas Dandelion Energy offers Affordable Geothermal Installation Services
I recently saw a new ground source well being placed in the middle of a lawn without any disturbance of the surroundings. Just a big semi parked at the road for a few days. (I suspect some water jet based drilling.) So there seems to be some active developments in this area.

But it just occurred to me that a Tesla heat pump could be part of their VPPs.
Hm, getting paid to heat/cool my house....