Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earnings beat - 1400 was the unlikely destination :p

09:39 Update: (and not done yet)
  • Mid-BB: $1,385.10
  • Intraday Low: $1,378.39
View attachment 568354

Paging @elasalle

Not too bad for what I did. I sold my AAPL shares to fund my TSLA shares. Lol. I first set my buy at $1370 thinking $1365 was wishful low-ball. I saw the push down didn't last and it spiked up to $1400 fast, so I ended up moving it up to $1390 to get the buy in through. Was trying to change it lower to $1385 but my order got filled. Later on, I see it dropped below $1370. Lol. Well, at least I bought in at a good low price anyway, thanks @Artful Dodger . Your posts have been helpful.

Last edited:
We're now >$200 a share below where we reported blowout profits (given half quarter was shut down due to COVID). This is lunacy, and the market is stupid.

On the bright side, this too shall pass and this is a great buying opportunity.
The same thing was said the Friday after 1Q profit and a bunch of other major seemingly game-changing positive news events. I think this is the new pattern. SP can be shoved down immediately after an event, but then the immediate subsequent covering begins a grind up to new highs.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: saniflash
I am betting the retail Robinhood group is forced into margin calls because they didn't know Robinhood reassess your margin on the fly and instantly. It is not relevant if it the drop is 1% or 50%. You just get an instant margin call. It is why I refuse to use Robinhood margin. I tried it when it first came out and it is ridiculous. I would contact tech support about ask why I was in a margin call. They would look at my account and respond I was not in a margin call. I would send them screenshots of their APP telling me I was in a margin call and they would not know why. Then at the end of the year or at their choosing they would just sell off half my stock even tho I was not in a margin call months later and say they reserve the right to cover all margin calls any time in the future. Seriously Robinhood users do not use Robinhood margin. There is a reason this APP is free. They make money somehow. Use only the free portion.

What price would that be? I have £6K sitting around looking for a home :)
Mid-BB is always live, 15s delay, on the chart I linked.

SP bottomed out at $1,366.77 and remained below Mid-BB for a few minutes from about 09:39ish so as of 10:00 ET the SP has recovered over $40

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-07-24.10-00.png

We're now >$200 a share below where we reported blowout profits (given half quarter was shut down due to COVID). This is lunacy, and the market is stupid.

On the bright side, this too shall pass and this is a great buying opportunity.

So true. I'm virtually out of dry powder but I just dug around in my couch cushions for spare change in some accounts and picked up a handful of shares at $1388.6083 :D

I think he is implying around 1360. But then again don’t set your limit price too low, you know the folks who got greedy and tried to time the March drop by setting limit orders at 350. See those orders never triggered

No. The pattern is to plummet to the Mid-BB (which you have to look up in realtime, not the night before), and then stay below that level for just a few minutes before bouncing.

SP did exactly that again today (just like Jun 29) and has already recovered over $50 on the bounce as of 10:08 ET.

TL;dr Predict plunge to the Mid-BB, bounce on strong support

I'm still not seeing how you think "dark pools" fit into this scheme. If the goal is to profit as much as possible due to greed, wouldn't you want to sell all the shares to the passive index funds on the open market so the price would run up? Also, I don't believe anyone "knows" Tesla would be included regardless of whether they made a profit. The whole scenario doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
we can officially add "dark pools" to the growing conspiracy list "deep state", "fake news", "dark pools", etc