Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at the last time TSLA touched the Mid-BB (see Jun 29 on the 50-day chart I posted).

SP was below the Mid-BB for exactly 15 min, then it rose $57 (6%) over the course of the day's session:

View attachment 568340

That's strong support at the Mid-BB. I have $30k locked'n'loaded in case of a repeat of such an event.

So are you set to buy around $1390 or lower into $1360s?

$1497

All the robinhood speculators are cashing out
Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 8.56.56 AM.png

Look at the last time TSLA touched the Mid-BB (see Jun 29 on the 50-day chart I posted).

SP was below the Mid-BB for exactly 15 min, then it rose $57 (6%) over the course of the day's session:

View attachment 568340

That's strong support at the Mid-BB. I have $30k locked'n'loaded in case of a repeat of such an event.

What price would that be? I have £6K sitting around looking for a home :)

Reactions: hoang51
Moodys and the other rating agencies are very stingy with their upgrades. I worked for a public company that objectively and comparatively deserved an investment grade rating, but it took years and lots of time spent with the analysts to achieve it. Moodys is very risk adverse and insists on an incremental upgrade approach. It’s tough because interest rates and even some covenants are tied to ratings so they are important, but not necessarily essential.

Well, that’s a polite way of saying they’re out of touch with reality and useless.

Earnings beat - 1800 should happen easily.
Earnings loss - 1300 is the likely destination

Earnings beat - 1400 1,366.77 was the unlikely destination :p

MMs were always going to move the SP to the Mid-BB no matter what the results...

09:39 Update: (and not done yet)
  • Mid-BB: $1,385.10
  • Intraday Low: $1,378.39
sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-07-24.09-39.png

Paging @elasalle

Last edited:
Tesla getting upgraded by Moody's in the middle of a pandemic. Meanwhile, all other auto OEMS bordering on downgrades. How does that fit the TSLAQ narrative?

6d2758408eea148c52f42b3d4882bbc4.png

Again, not really an upgrade. It was a single step higher on the same flight of stairs, which is still so far from the roof (truth) that you better have packed a lunch.

The description of the previous level is EXACTLY the same as the new level; high credit risk.

Absolutely no thought process had to go into the ‘upgrade’ because it means the same as the previous one making it, in fact, meaningless.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

'(Herbert) Diess said Tesla’s results support his view that “in five to ten years the world’s most valuable company will be a mobility company -- that can be called Tesla, Apple or Volkswagen.”

I really wonder if at some point given the challenges he has had at VW he does not end up working for Tesla. He seems to get it but I think it is more the internal culture at VW than his leadership. Elon and him seem to really respect one another and Diess does not seem like a guy with such a big ego that he would only take a CEO role.

You seem to generally be right about these things. I'm curious how confident you are that this isn't actually a reaction to the prospect of a second shutdown/unprecidented bad relations with china.

OMG, stop already with the second shutdown. The only thing that shuts the world down a second time is population levels dropping so much that there aren’t enough people to keep industries up and running. If that happens, money means nothing. How is that not understood?
About that Chamath interview... I am not sure he is right about energy trading. He made it sound like "all of us" will be able to trade energy with the new Tesla Autobid software, but the way I understood was that this is for Powerpack/Megapack not Powerwall. Even if the SW makes this seamless and needs no knowledge/skills from the end user, I am pretty sure that energy trading is not something just any residential user can do. At least in Hungary you need a rather expensive permit for it and I bet your local utility company needs to OK as well. This is meant for companies, not private citizens.

Elon is aiming for the private citizen. One step at a time.

View attachment 568340

Did you get your new shares?

Reactions: ABCTG