Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting news out of China, looks like Tesla is offering financing for FSD purchase, and are starting the program with an interest-free 3 year loan: 一招Get前沿科技!

The ad translates to:

"Model S/ X/ 3 owners
Purchase and activate the "Complete Autonomous Driving Capability" function
Take the three-year soft bank interest rate"
So has Tesla effectively invented a 3-year subscription for FSD? Does this loan apply to just FSD or to the entire vehicle?

So has Tesla effectively invented a 3-year subscription for FSD? Does this loan apply to just FSD or to the entire vehicle?
I read it this way: If you purchase a Tesla and it includes FSD you get a special rate on a three year car loan. (Otherwise the rate is higher).

Interesting news out of China, looks like Tesla is offering financing for FSD purchase, and are starting the program with an interest-free 3 year loan: 一招Get前沿科技!

The ad translates to:

"Model S/ X/ 3 owners
Purchase and activate the "Complete Autonomous Driving Capability" function
Take the three-year soft bank interest rate"
Seems like a no-brainer. If they default you can disable the software and either way it's not like you have actual revenue loss on the line.

Guessing the MM’s will pin it at 750 for this week...
Fireworks to continue next Monday and Tuesday?
I think Monday and Tuesday will shine. Lots of calls at 800. If we could get a small business stimulus, more states making reopening plans we can go fast.

no guarantee in this market though. Long term is fine so I’m comfortable with whatever happens

I read it this way: If you purchase a Tesla and it includes FSD you get a special rate on a three year car loan. (Otherwise the rate is higher).

The Reddit thread about it was deleted (I'm guessing since he got the title of the thread wrong), but the OP there concluded after reading the fine print that it is a loan for the purchase of the software, not the car: Tesla China offers 3-year 0% loan for cars purchased with FSD : teslainvestorsclub

I think that also makes sense, since the first the first line of the ad is addressed to current "Model S/ X/ 3 owners."

Last edited:
Ya I still remember that last few minutes of Feb 4. I'm less confident than you about the no ammo situation.
Feb 4, 2020... a date which will live in infamy: Black Tuesday. :(

TSLA.chart.2020-02-04.png

They are working really hard to keep Tesla to 750. Everything else is going up and Tesla is fighting these push downs haha

Indeed. Today is a monthly options expiration day, which implies more options open interest and options trading volume than for a regular Friday expiration. Based on pre-opening data, Opricot places TSLA MaxPain at $690. However, activity this afternoon, especially with the share price being held steady around $750 while the macro-market rises, makes the $750 strike appear to be of greater interest to options writers. TSLA stock volume is relatively muted today, making manipulation easier. Of course, news or non-hedge fund trading interest can upset the plans of the manipulators. In any event, manipulative price suppression right now could set up a slingshot release upward on Monday.

They are working really hard to keep Tesla to 750. Everything else is going up and Tesla is fighting these push downs haha
Like candy from a baby on these predictable Fridays. I sold some $740 puts and $760 calls 25 mins ago and pocketed an easy $500.

EDIT: Went to check on these and saw that the market was paying $0.15 for the $760 calls 1 minute before close! I sold 10 more contracts at $0.15 with a market order 30 seconds before close and made another easy $135! Not a lot of money obviously but still fun and will pay for my groceries.

Last edited: