Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although Henry Ford's two ventures before the Ford Motor Company did go bankrupt.

Careful here.
Noted, thx. I believe I'm golden as my trading was actually disadvantageous in terms of tax treatment even within the account. Bought back in at a higher price

Regarding Ford, people also forget what WWII did for the company. Without that massive government expenditure they would have been in serious trouble. I don't begrudge Ford that as they were instrumental to our war effort, but end of the day it's not dissimilar to the EV credits Tesla received.

wtf just happened after hours

EDIT: I see, must have been a random sell at 320 that made my ticker go wonky.
ha, saw that too.

Why would he do that? He clearly stated he wasn’t selling until certain criteria were ‘not’ met and that the time frame for that was still a number of years down the road.

this was posted recently by another member:

He sold his position in Tesla because he was convinced the service issues would kill the company.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Before any of you short-sighted "investors" do something you regret consider this:

Musk promised to burn the short-sellers in a BIG way.
He has a reputation of being late on his predictions
This morning he tweeted a picture of a flame
I think he still has more ammo

Trade this puppy at your own risk! ;)

Agree. Taking profits now would be short-sighted IMO.

Here's Amazon's chart. Allow me to demonstrate:
AMZN.png

Last I heard he had 15% of his entire fund in Jan 2020 calls with a $220 strike price.

Spiegel bought January 2020 puts, not calls, right?

He didn't really burn his money: Mark B.S. Spiegel is now an involuntary Tesla investor, who is transferring his wealth to Tesla investors, with no reward for his investment.

We can consider his losses a small down payment for the FUD he is spreading.

Last edited:
Puts, not calls, right?

Also, he didn't burn the money: Mark B.S. Spiegel is now an involuntary Tesla investor, who is transferring his wealth to Tesla investors, with no reward for his investment.

We can consider his losses a small down payment for the FUD he is spreading.

Yeah, last he talked about the breakdown it was Jan 2020 puts.

Elon Musk: Model S, Model X production continues for ‘sentimental reasons’ – TechCrunch

Tesla continues to produce the Model S and Model X more for “sentimental reasons than anything else,” CEO Elon Musk said Wednesday during a call with investors, calling the electric vehicles “niche” products.

“They are really of minor importance to our future,” Musk added.

Why do i get the feeling the S/X may be a one chassis generation pony.

He's just trying to draw attention from investors away from their numbers, since they're not the numbers that matter. But they're most definitely not terminating them any time soon. They wouldn't be at the Nurburgring if that was the plan.

They serve an important role, which is halo cars. Model S as the lightning-fast sedan, and Model X as the robot SUV from the future.

How The ‘Tesla Effect’ Is Crushing Used Luxury Car Values

"A recent article posted on the Capitol One auto financing website suggests that skyrocketing sales of the Tesla Model 3 – which currently outsells all other electric cars combined – is adversely affecting the resale values of European-brand luxury cars. The trend has been dubbed the “Tesla Effect.”

That’s good news if you’re in the market for a pre-owned Audi, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz, but it’s a definite disadvantage to those trading one in or planning to lease a new model.

The issue here, according to the post, is that a larger-than-average percentage of the brand’s buyers are swapping European luxury cars for Teslas. An estimated 22.2 percent of Tesla customers are trading in European-branded cars versus the industry average of 10.9 percent."

He's just trying to draw attention from investors away from their numbers, since they're not the numbers that matter. But they're most definitely not terminating them any time soon. They wouldn't be at the Nurburgring if that was the plan.

They serve an important role, which is halo cars. Model S as the lightning-fast sedan, and Model X as the robot SUV from the future.
And the 3 for us poors.