Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...anybody think we will end green tod
Here is my view regarding ARK ETF. I like their approach, they have good analysts too.
However, as a long term Tesla investor, I expect this stock to significantly outperform. Putting my money into an ETF that keeps selling TSLA when it goes up, that's against my thesis on TSLA.

I put $1000 into TSLA, if it rallies 20 fold in a few years, I get $20,000.
I put $1000 into ARK ETF, only $100 goes to TSLA, as soon as TSLA doubles, they sell half. You can see in the end very little money is still in TSLA.
However there are many stocks other than Tesla that will gain substantially in the next few years. I've made a fair amount of money on other stocks which I then reinvested in Tesla. It's obvious that holding investments at 10% and reinvesting their profits can be a winning strategy.

He's just trying to draw attention from investors away from their numbers, since they're not the numbers that matter. But they're most definitely not terminating them any time soon. They wouldn't be at the Nurburgring if that was the plan.

They serve an important role, which is halo cars. Model S as the lightning-fast sedan, and Model X as the robot SUV from the future.

Did no state about the S/X going anywhere soon, my guess the S/X will soldier on the same platform for another 3 or 4 years. Its what happens next that's interesting. By that time the 3,Y and Pickup will be in full production at multiple plants around the world. The S/X will be viewed differently in three years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: StealthP3D
Before any of you short-sighted "investors" do something you regret consider this:

Musk promised to burn the short-sellers in a BIG way.
He has a reputation of being late on his predictions
This morning he tweeted a picture of a flame
I think he still has more ammo

Trade this puppy at your own risk! ;)
This is what trading accounts are for.

Leave your core positions untouched. Add to them with profits from your trading if you are lucky enough to have them.

And most of all, get those BEVs on the road!

Reactions: Artful Dodger
No, just running out of money. For example,

He still thinks the $TSLAQ trolls who mislead him were a good source of information. That he was "smart enough" to know who to listen to.

He also says "at least I tried" and that Elon is a corrupt, lying, law breaking fraud who abuses people

Exactly! As much as I feel bad for him, it's his own fault for not recognizing that it's his "buddies" that did him in. Vicious cults like TSLAQ need to die, as their members are beyond redemption, and their only purpose is the destruction of TSLA. There cannot be any "open" discussions and compromise with uncompromising people.

Did no state about the S/X going anywhere soon, my guess the S/X will soldier on the same platform for another 3 or 4 years. Its what happens after that's interesting. By that time the 3,Y and Pickup will be in full production at multiple plants around the world. The S/X will be viewed differently in three years.
I'm pretty sure they will always have a similar pair of vehicles as there is always a market for a large sedan and SUV, and the halo effect helps sell the more popular lines.

Reactions: wipster
Did no state about the S/X going anywhere soon, my guess the S/X will soldier on the same platform for another 3 or 4 years. Its what happens after that's interesting. By that time the 3,Y and Pickup will be in full production at multiple plants around the world. The S/X will be viewed differently in three years.
I would still be surprised if they didn't upgrade them to the new batteries and wiring within the next year or so just for manufacturing consistency and COGS reduction.

Given what I saw with the trading today, I have to think they will use everything they have to keep it under $300, through Friday and maybe into Monday. Whether they can or not depends upon the buying pressure. In any case, I do see $310-$320 or more within two or three weeks, barring any big negative news.

upload_2019-10-25_22-39-47.png

Djeezes, another 10 years of waiting :confused:

It's not waiting if you are living your life. Stop watching the ticker and live some. It's nice if you can live a fun, fulfilling life while watching your retirement fund balloon like rabbits in a cage. Most people who try to scalp a couple thousand here and there waste their lives trying and never get there anyway.

Don't "wait", "live"!

Ok, I'm not smart enough to respond to this so I will put it up for discussion here and will look forward to your responses. Many of the doubters are saying "Yeah, well wait until the 10Q is filed. Then we'll see where things REALLY are." What could be in the 10Q that would shed negative light?

Dan
Nothing

Ok, I'm not smart enough to respond to this so I will put it up for discussion here and will look forward to your responses. Many of the doubters are saying "Yeah, well wait until the 10Q is filed. Then we'll see where things REALLY are." What could be in the 10Q that would shed negative light?

Dan

A line item that says, "Funds Stolen from Orphans."

Dan

Personally I'm quite prepared for the "uncovering" of creative accounting by TSLAQ sleuths, which you could find in literally any large corporation's books if you look hard enough. I'm sure they will try to make it into a scandal, but I'm not convinced it would undo the new SP level that we'll settle into after truck reveal, GF4 announcement. Maybe a slight buying opportunity to load up.

Before any of you short-sighted "investors" do something you regret consider this:

Musk promised to burn the short-sellers in a BIG way.
He has a reputation of being late on his predictions
This morning he tweeted a picture of a flame
I think he still has more ammo

Trade this puppy at your own risk! ;)

Which direction is his flame thrower facing? Make sure it’s not at us longs like last year.