Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This would not be a problem if you do it manually, whether by choice or not (us outside of USA that Say does not support). We can send a copy of statement showing numbers of shares we hold. I did the following:
1. open PDF statement
2. Take screenshot and use some tool and mask out private data. I use FastStone Capture.
3. Print to PDF printer to generate a new PDF file.
4. Upload to Tesla account.
5. Pray that Tesla IR able to successfully manual verify your submission. They never verified my previous submission 2 years ago before wiping it out and needing to start over again.
Voting done through the broker's links, not Say. Say was for verification to Tesla. (There are 9 shares at risk due to password).

Reactions: Electroman
Bro, I'm not paying for insurance if there are no chances for accidents/injuries. That would be giving your money away for free!

They will die out or have little profits.
This is an entirely incorrect premise.
There is copious information here annd elsewhere explaining how actuarial processes, loss frequency vs loss severity work.

Yes, not doubt BH will have people keeping an eye on FSD progress (i.e. buying and testing the software, not following a few X poster lol) and will either have been or will invest in Tesla, they will not announce it before hand so by the time Joe Public knows they will have accumulated a large holding. It's just a matter of time now.
No, no…misunderstanding the facts leads to increect conclusions.

We don’t know. But the non Tesla people in my life mock it ceaselessly and my father and brother cancelled their orders when the numbers were clear.
It’s also unclear still why they throttled back production
And then a couple of things: A more conventional and utilitarian design without stainless and other quirks would likely have sold better up to a point. Pickup owners generally are going to lag car owners in EV adaptation a little, but there is prob still pent up demand.
I’ve been out camping and enjoying the new Cybertruck, and the amount of attention it gets is crazy! People absolutely LOVE it and most of them know nothing about it or Tesla. So far, everyone has been genuinely curious and most of them ask good questions, but there are still many who are misinformed about electric cars and Tesla, especially when it comes to affordability and Tesla’s Supercharger network. The truck provides a lot of opportunity to educate people about the facts of driving electric.

For me, I bought a new Ram diesel truck to tow the camper a few years ago. Now after towing with the Cybertruck, I can’t see myself towing with the Ram anymore. We will have to adjust our travel for charging, and we’ll have to stop more often, but those compromises are overshadowed by all the benefits of the Cybertruck.

Attachments

• IMG_6328.jpeg
    IMG_6328.jpeg
    796 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    792.8 KB · Views: 4
I’ve been out camping and enjoying the new Cybertruck, and the amount of attention it gets is crazy! People absolutely LOVE it and most of them know nothing about it or Tesla. So far, everyone has been genuinely curious and most of them ask good questions, but there are still many who are misinformed about electric cars and Tesla, especially when it comes to affordability and Tesla’s Supercharger network. The truck provides a lot of opportunity to educate people about the facts of driving electric.

For me, I bought a new Ram diesel truck to tow the camper a few years ago. Now after towing with the Cybertruck, I can’t see myself towing with the Ram anymore. We will have to adjust our travel for charging, and we’ll have to stop more often, but those compromises are overshadowed by all the benefits of the Cybertruck.
Any campgrounds give you a problem charging off the 50a pedestal?

Reactions: SO16
We will have to adjust our travel for charging, and we’ll have to stop more often, but those compromises are overshadowed by all the benefits of the Cybertruck.

Do you use Superchargers? And if so, do you have to drop the trailer each time to do so?

I ask because we delayed our CyberTruck purchase for the time being and bought a lightly used Toyota Tundra largely for towing. It kinda sucks going back to ICE, but there’s no denying the convenience of gas stations virtually everywhere and not having to go through the hassle of dropping the trailer to charge. We’ll reconsider when the Supercharger network includes more pull-through slots, but with the chaos in the company around Superchargers I’m not holding my breath.

As an aside, that was not the only reason we passed on the CyberTruck for now. The inflated price of the Foundation models and the range so far short of the originally teased range also were factors.

Do you use Superchargers? And if so, do you have to drop the trailer each time to do so?

I ask because we delayed our CyberTruck purchase for the time being and bought a lightly used Toyota Tundra largely for towing. It kinda sucks going back to ICE, but there’s no denying the convenience of gas stations virtually everywhere and not having to go through the hassle of dropping the trailer to charge. We’ll reconsider when the Supercharger network includes more pull-through slots, but with the chaos in the company around Superchargers I’m not holding my breath.

As an aside, that was not the only reason we passed on the CyberTruck for now. The inflated price of the Foundation models and the range so far short of the originally teased range also were factors.
@FastEddieB

OT somewhat.
end of March, chatted with driver of Tesla X towing trailer, going from around Key West, Florida, USA to Ontario, Canada,! , around 2,000+ miles,
at Smithfield, Virginia, USA (around 1/2 way roughly), charging.
Pulled into Wawa gas station that have SC's does not unhook, charges & goes.
you can see in picture X is bent and blocking another pedistal so can get to charger cord
So similar to CT.
(SC at Chafee, Florida (near Jacksonville, Florida) have pull throughs but don't know if they used those).
( yesterday, wife & I just did 1,100 miles on FSD(Supervised, I like it her not so much, lane changes jerky at times and phantom speed change signs)

Attachments

• Tesla X from Ontario Canada at Wawa gas station Supercharger towing trailer 6.jpg
    Tesla X from Ontario Canada at Wawa gas station Supercharger towing trailer 6.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Tesla X towing trailer Smithfield Virginia USA 1.jpg
    Tesla X towing trailer Smithfield Virginia USA 1.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Any campgrounds give you a problem charging off the 50a pedestal?
We haven’t had any problem charging in campgrounds. But a couple things.

Where we are 50 amp is kinda rare. We charge a lot from a 30 amp plug (so max 24 amps at 120 volts). We plug in either the car or the trailer not both and we tell the operators that.

Some campgrounds do a forced upgrade to 50 amp even though we only need 30 amp. That’s fine with us. Usually 20 bucks more.

More and more campgrounds are adding dedicated EV charging. Not as convenient as it’s usually not near the site but still ok with us.

We have toured all over Canada and extensively in BC. Charging has never been a problem. We leave on a 6 week, 10 western US state tour in a few weeks. Should be fun.

At superchargers or DC fast chargers we have to unhook one out of 5 times. There is usually a way although generally speaking non tesla charging is more trailer friendly.

Typical 30 amp charging for us in our combo.

52204803650_28727cdd0e_c.jpg

Over the past couple of months, our awesome manufacturing team has built more bots for us to work on, and collect AI data from! We’ve trained and deployed a neural net allowing Optimus to start doing useful tasks, such as picking up battery cells coming down a conveyor and precisely inserting them into a tray.This neural net is running entirely end-to-end, meaning that it only consumes video coming from the bot’s 2D cameras, as well as on-board proprioceptive sensors, and produces joints control sequences directly. It runs entirely on the bot’s embedded FSD computer, powered by the on-board battery. It is designed such that a single neural net can perform multiple tasks as we add more diverse data to the training process. While not being perfect yet and still a little slow, we’re seeing increasingly high success rates with less frequent misses. We’re also training Optimus to recover from failure cases, and are seeing spontaneous corrections happen. We’ve deployed a couple bots at one of our factories, where they’re being tested daily at the real workstations and continuously improving! Optimus also now regularly takes long walks across the office without falling :) Further work is on-going to make it move faster, as well as dealing with more adverse terrains - all without sacrificing the human-like nature of it. We’re also focusing on repeatability across the fleet, training the neural net to deal with dynamic calibration & small bot-to-bot variance. More updates soon!http://tesla.com/ai

That's awesome! 😎

Warren is very old and will be handing over the reigns to a younger generation of investors. The problem is he either missed the boat on FSD and watches his insurance stocks drop or invests in Tesla. He doesn't have to stop investing in Coca Cola etc BH has $100+bn in cash itching to be invested.

Warren has missed the boat on lots of things and is still one of the most successful investors in history.

I'm voting for my Alphabet (Google) shares. I noticed two things:

1714918638402.png

Motion 5 seems to be the same as we have for TSLA's vote. Is this some common shareholder's particular campaign?

Motion 6: Can you imagine if somebody challenged Elon that his views were not truthful and transparent enough? That "...shareholders are uninformed about members’ ideological and political views. Greater transparency is needed for shareholders to discern whether our Board suffers the partisan capture and therefore the group-think ideological blinders that have cost some companies in recent years." Yeah, Elon, stop with the group-think! You should share more. Tell us what you really think. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hahahaha.... ha?
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm voting for my Alphabet (Google shares). I noticed two things:

Motion 5 seems to be the same as we have for TSLA's vote. Is this some common shareholder's particular campaign?

Motion 6: Can you imagine if somebody challenged Elon that his views were not truthful and transparent enough? That "...shareholders are uninformed about members’ ideological and political views. Greater transparency is needed for shareholders to discern whether our Board suffers the partisan capture and therefore the group-think ideological blinders that have cost some companies in recent years." Yeah, Elon, stop with the group-think! You should share more. Tell us what you really think. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hahahaha.... ha?
:rolleyes:

1984 has arrived, forty years late? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: Drumheller
We haven’t had any problem charging in campgrounds. But a couple things.

Where we are 50 amp is kinda rare. We charge a lot from a 30 amp plug (so max 24 amps at 120 volts). We plug in either the car or the trailer not both and we tell the operators that.

Some campgrounds do a forced upgrade to 50 amp even though we only need 30 amp. That’s fine with us. Usually 20 bucks more.

More and more campgrounds are adding dedicated EV charging. Not as convenient as it’s usually not near the site but still ok with us.

We have toured all over Canada and extensively in BC. Charging has never been a problem. We leave on a 6 week, 10 western US state tour in a few weeks. Should be fun.

At superchargers or DC fast chargers we have to unhook one out of 5 times. There is usually a way although generally speaking non tesla charging is more trailer friendly.

Typical 30 amp charging for us in our combo.

52204803650_28727cdd0e_c.jpg
Nice setup! I first thought Little Guy Max, but the windows are wrong. NuCamp T@B 400? How do you like it?
I'm looking into teardrops myself. How fast do you drive on flat highways and how many Wh per mile do you typically get?

Nice setup! I first thought Little Guy Max, but the windows are wrong. NuCamp T@B 400? How do you like it?
I'm looking into teardrops myself. How fast do you drive on flat highways and how many Wh per mile do you typically get?
Typically 90 kph. 320 to 380 wh per kilometre but lots of variables there. Heads up. Those towing the boondock version get less efficiency as it’s 3 inches higher. Also hard to hitch up as it involves a riser etc. The non boondock is flat and level with a 2 inch riser.

52387203690_56dcf7ca64_c.jpg

Warren has missed the boat on lots of things and is still one of the most successful investors in history.
Munger and Buffet were interviewed once where they talked about Musk - roughly a year ago to today actually - and they made it far more clear to anyone who doesnt already follow their investment patterns. They like easy wins. Musk likes hard wins. BH owes a great deal of its success to getting in Coke when it was a value stock and getting in Apple well after it was clear they would be raking in the cash for years to come. BH will invest in tesla IF and WHEN it is an irrefutable cash cow. Tesla is doing really well, but the certainty of its long term success is still less evident from the balance sheet and more an interpretation of its technical success. When the financials reflect the technical powerhouse tesla is they will buy in.