Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because all the non-Tesla owners will soon learn that SuperChargers are the best option available and head for them as a preference. And every time they plug-in, they'll look up and see "T E S L A" and think to themselves "well if the chargers are so good, what are the cars like?". Not to mention the Teslas coming and going sooner than them due to superior charging speeds...
A year or 2 ago, I charged at the supercharger in Ulm (Germany). It’s a big parking lot with 38 Tesla stalls, and also a bunch of non-Tesla fast chargers. The charging Tesla’s were empty, with their owners probably enjoying a coffee on the terrace. The non-Tesla chargers were in use, with a lot of people around trying to get the charging to work. Some of the charging cars were parked in the grass in order to be able to connect the charging cable. In other words: chaos.
As a Tesla owner, I was glad not having to deal with this mess and decided that my next car would definitely be a Tesla (again). I’m pretty sure that some of the non-Tesla owners came to the same conclusion.
Note that that was the first time I saw non-Tesla EV’s outside their home country.
A couple of days ago I was in Ulm again. I didn’t bother to check the situation at the non-Tesla chargers again, but there was something new there: a Nio battery swap station. I didn’t see anybody using it while we were charging there (30 minutes only).

Because all the non-Tesla owners will soon learn that SuperChargers are the best option available and head for them as a preference. And every time they plug-in, they'll look up and see "T E S L A" and think to themselves "well if the chargers are so good, what are the cars like?". Not to mention the Teslas coming and going sooner than them due to superior charging speeds...
Yes, facts. Unfortunately, if history is an indication, the hypnotic MSM will program folks to believe Tesla's Superchargers are their "one hit wonder".

Recently visited my local Tesla showroom and was greeted by:
IMG_1256.jpeg

I don't think you need to wait for Teslabot to see Tesla do more at a factory with less.
The front/rear casting stuff is really old news now, but AFAIK we are still only seeing model Ys with single piece rear castings? There was talk of front cast, rear cast and structural battery, but this isnt a reality for every Berlin model Y yet AFAIK? Once Berlin is doing the full front/rear/structural, that will simplify production a lot.
Also the purchase of that wireless charging for robots company still needs explaining. I know Teslabot is the long term focus, but I don't think Elon has given up on traditional automation yet. Grohman was one example.
I think we will see a few years where Teslabot is absolutely the poster-child for tesla's automation, but a lot more conventional stuff will be going on in the background. Everything they learn from Teslabot can be applied to traditional robotic arms.
I've never seen numbers, but I'd be interested in seeing a comparison of auto manufacturers that shows manhours per vehicle once in production.

He likes Germany. That's why. Company decisions about location often come down to where the CEO would like to live or visit.
... and we're back to why Silicon Valley is located where it is - Inventor's mom lived there. That's it!

"So the start of Silicon Valley was when Bill Shockley who invented the transistor at Bell Labs, decided to leave Bell Labs in 1953 and start Shockley Semiconductor. He placed it in Mountain View, close to his very elderly mother who lived in Palo Alto."

Last edited:
A year or 2 ago, I charged at the supercharger in Ulm (Germany). It’s a big parking lot with 38 Tesla stalls, and also a bunch of non-Tesla fast chargers. The charging Tesla’s were empty, with their owners probably enjoying a coffee on the terrace. The non-Tesla chargers were in use, with a lot of people around trying to get the charging to work. Some of the charging cars were parked in the grass in order to be able to connect the charging cable. In other words: chaos.
As a Tesla owner, I was glad not having to deal with this mess and decided that my next car would definitely be a Tesla (again). I’m pretty sure that some of the non-Tesla owners came to the same conclusion.
Note that that was the first time I saw non-Tesla EV’s outside their home country.
A couple of days ago I was in Ulm again. I didn’t bother to check the situation at the non-Tesla chargers again, but there was something new there: a Nio battery swap station. I didn’t see anybody using it while we were charging there (30 minutes only).
A few years ago I went to charge my Nissan Leaf at a UK motorway service station. It was chaos like you described and I was part of it. I looked across at the Tesla stalls and it was serene. The land of milk and honey. It isn't the only reason I bought a Tesla but it's a good reason.

Teslabot changes everything. The real reason Tesla is wise not to overhire in Berlin this year is because within 3-4 years 10K workers (assisted by Optimus) will be producing the output of 40K the old way. In Germany, it's extraordinarily expensive to let a worker go, so it's better to just not hire the ones you know you won't need in the mid-term. Long-term? I hope those workers don't mind some skillz retraining... :D

Oh I agree completely that in time Optimus will greatly enhance the labor at every Tesla factory. I still think that's many years off though, and I'd rather Berlin goes into overdrive sooner than that. You know, for purely selfish investing reasons. :cool:

21 new supercharger permits so far in October in the US. And 17 new construction sites. The charging moat just keeps expanding.
supercharge.info
"Moats are lame"
-Elon

Still do not know why he Elon chose Germany instead of Poland.
The one and only worker quoted in that article is Polish.

How the Chinese EV car companies have turned the tables and are decimating the legacy automakers, VW an example, in the China market. Tesla is mentioned. Many of the reasons mentioned as too why Tesla implements.

Many may be unaware how the "deci" in Decimating originally referenced only a 10% reduction/tax/advantage, etc. 🤓

"Devastating," "Obliterating" or "Annihilating" may be better suited for the concept being conveyed here. :)

Last edited: