Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robotaxi network? Does anybody think that is still achievable this decade? It’s been 6 years and FSD is still at toddler phase. At this point level 3 maybe in the next 5 years. Love our car but I’m thinking FSD is what it is for years to come, other than the few thousand running the beta.

Jmho.
I am much more optimistic. Dojo is coming up, and I am hoping for exponential improvement which is typical for technologies still in their immature phases.

I am much more optimistic. Dojo is coming up, and I am hoping for exponential improvement which is typical for technologies still in their immature phases.
I certainly hope you are right. I’m not up on the implications of Dojo but FSD wide release has been just a few months away for 6 years. Trying to be optimistic but history is not on optimism’s side.

Cheers

Looking ahead a bit; maxpain for the next month is super interesting...and should be more interesting as we continue to outperform maxpain (NOTE: maxpain recalc's everyday and will flucuate more further weeks into the future, but it is fun to watch)

This Friday $985
Next Friday $1050
1/14/22 $1000

THEN!

1/21/22 $700

Why?

Hedgies puts galore! I wonder what would happen if a dividend stock split were to happen? FTD to the moon me thinks.

Following week $1070.

Screenshot 2021-12-27 8.20.24 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-12-27 8.22.14 AM.png

agree. exponential graphs are relatively flat in early years... and we are now at a very exciting point in development FSD from both a software and hardware POV, development should become obvious over the next year.

Looking ahead a bit; maxpain for the next month is super interesting...and should be more interesting as we continue to outperform maxpain (NOTE: maxpain recalc's everyday and will flucuate more further weeks into the future, but it is fun to watch)

This Friday $985
Next Friday $1050
1/14/22 $1000

THEN!

1/21/22 $700

Why?

Hedgies puts galore! I wonder what would happen if a dividend stock split were to happen? FTD to the moon me thinks.

Following week $1070.

View attachment 748886View attachment 748887
What has Max Pain done just before the last few all time highs?

GM would have a tough time selling Plymouth, seeing as how that is/was? a Chrysler owned brand. Saturn would also be tough now that it's defunct. Oldsmobile I'm not sure about. Do they still make Oldsmobiles? Buick is the GM brand the Chinese would be most interested in.

Olds ceased to exist in mid-2004. From a historical point of view, it is kinda too bad - as it was one of the oldest surviving U.S. auto brands from the dawn of the automotive age. In fact pre-GM, Ransom E Olds even experimented a bit with electric cars - before going 100% into gas cars.

Buick was the brand that formed the foundation of GM. I'd guess shutting it down and selling it off would be a bitter pill for GM. As a long time Buick owner, down to only one now, I've been pretty dismayed at them not offering an EV or even PHEV in the U.S. Even though they do in China...

What the customer who received the two Nikola semis’ realized after Christmas is what they actually received are two full sized LEGO models of the Nikola BEV. ;-)
Thanks, I'm corrected, it was 2 BEVs! :oops: That was a quick pivot to all electric.
Meanwhile still pushing the Hydrogen agenda forecasting more production of those than the BEVs. They are outpacing themselves now? Maybe BEV is until Hydrogen is more avail? But 350 mi range - what load if any? (not specified). 75 mph top speed... Nothing to see here I think, NKLA in the red already today. Short lived :)

Reactions: FireMedic

This Friday $985
Next Friday $1050
1/14/22 $1000

THEN!

1/21/22 $700

Why?

Following week $1070.

View attachment 748886View attachment 748887

Those are old leap options bought one, two or even 3 years ago.

People have yet to load on calls and puts that reflect the current environment.

Amazon built AWS to handle their own business needs. As they built it out they realized that they had a new line of services to offer and their own E-commerce business allowed them the scale to make it happen. Profits grew like crazy.

Tesla is building out DOJO and generalized AI in order to make autonomy work. Tesla owners are providing the scale, both in revenue and data to make that happen. I hope everyone sees where this is going.

Yes. Easily. Just need one city, up to that Mayor and Elon. Needs more practice obviously, but learning fast.

Even if blocked by Feds, many other countries are likely ready. Do you think the US will accept 2nd place here? How would that Headline read?
“Canada chooses safety first - deploys TN, all about Driver Trust.”
Limited users at first but I could see it somewhere next year.

This "regulation" stuff continues to be a nonsense red herring.

Robotaxis are legal right now in multiple US states. If Tesla felt they were ready to deploy them TODAY they could, legally.

They don't need permission from a mayor or the feds or anybody else.

The reason they're not deployed anywhere today is they're not ready today.

Went for a couple of drives. FSD 10.8 went from WTF to WOW! Central FL here. Anyone else having similar experiences? This is the real deal. Just some minor pedal push interventions but when it comes to turns, comfort, and lane changes in traffic it's absolutely amazing.

Nope. 10.8 was the first time it actually lane changed into oncoming traffic for me across a double-yellow line. Didn't observe it doing anything better than 10.6.1 did, and that one thing was obviously worse. Most of the time, if traffic is light, it's great- I've had 30+ minute drives with 0 interventions.... very cool... but if traffic is heavier it's way too slow dealing with most intersections that aren't straight-through with stoplights such that folks honk because the car spends too long creeping for visibility (even when there's nothing blocking visibility) and stopping too short of the sign.

I expect both HW4 in-car computer, and Dojo, will be needed before it gets massively better based on my personal experiences with it plus those of most of the other beta testers I've seen.

Charged about 3-4 times a day and $10-12 each charge (best guess).
You may already know this, but you can easily research your SuperCharging sessions in the Tesla app. (Click your icon in the upper right, then "account," then "charging," then "history.") You can even click the arrow on the right side of each transaction and get details of the charging session.

On our recent road trip west, we went 6,000 + miles. I used the information from the app to compute that our average cost was just under 8 cents per mile. I think it should have been less, but maybe the fact that we are unable to pack light might have had something to do with it.

I was also surprised that the more expensive charging sessions, (those over $10), tended to be based on kwh and those under $10 were usually charged by the minute. I thought it would have been just the opposite since I tend to charge well beyond the recommended amount needed to get to the next SuperCharger.

Now for something on-topic so the mods won't get upset: I'm quite happy with the rebound the stock is making these last view trading days. Yes, another ATH would be nice, but I'm okay waiting for one or two of the upcoming events to transpire for that to happen. I'm just a HODLer, so I'm not one to root for a sharp dip so I can buy more chairs cheap. I root for the retail buyers who bought at the most recent ATH prices to achieve a nice paper gain...and then HODL, of course!

Went for a couple of drives. FSD 10.8 went from WTF to WOW! Central FL here. Anyone else having similar experiences? This is the real deal. Just some minor pedal push interventions but when it comes to turns, comfort, and lane changes in traffic it's absolutely amazing.

I tried it the day before yesterday in some extremely treacherous winter conditions on the eastern half of WA SR 542 (near whiteout snowstorm, road hadn't been plowed for three hours, 10" of medium to high density snow outboard of both lanes, 6" snow on the centerline and 3" new snow). Now this might not sound too bad but there was an ice layer underneath, big ditches, and the visibility was the biggest issue. The light was so flat I was having trouble seeing where my lane was based upon the few tire tracks that were also blown/snowed over). Traction was minimal and the ditches were completely filled in with snow so everything was relatively flat and level. In these conditions you have to trust that the vehicles formed the tracks in the correct spot because a couple of feet outside the lane markers is a ditch that requires extraction. The snow was dense enough that veering into the deeper snow on the outside guarantees you are sucked into the ditch.

I was surprised to see the icon indicating Autopilot was available! I engaged it four or five times at 35 mph but each time I had to disengage within 5-10 seconds as it wanted to drive too close to the right side of the road for my comfort. I desperately wanted to know if it would do it but, if it took one trip into the deeper snow, even briefly, the car would spin out into the ditch. So, every time it felt like it was getting within 6" of the last tire track I would have to steer back toward the center. It may have very well locked onto that rightmost tire track and held it, but I didn't want to find out! However, it was apparent that it could see at least as well as I and was willing to soldier on!

Last edited:
This "regulation" stuff continues to be a nonsense red herring.

Robotaxis are legal right now in multiple US states. If Tesla felt they were ready to deploy them TODAY they could, legally.

In Washington State there needs to be a licensed driver behind the wheel (who is also sober). I imagine this is true in most US states, so I don't know why you continue to spread this nonsense. The fact that Florida and maybe a handful of other states may have more permissive laws does not change this basic fact.

I tried it the day before yesterday in some extremely treacherous winter conditions on the eastern half of WA SR 542 (near whiteout snowstorm, road hadn't been plowed for three hours, 10" of medium to high density snow outboard of both lanes, 6" snow on the centerline and 3" new snow). Now this might not sound too bad but there was an ice layer underneath, big ditches, and the visibility was the biggest issue. The light was so flat I was having trouble seeing where my lane was based upon the few tire tracks that were also blown/snowed over). Traction was minimal and the ditches were completely filled in with snow so everything was relatively flat and level. In these conditions you have to trust that the vehicles formed the tracks in the correct spot because a couple of feet outside the lane markers is a ditch that requires extraction. The snow was dense enough that veering into the deeper snow on the outside guarantees you are sucked into the ditch.

I was surprised to see the icon indicating Autopilot was available! I engaged it four or five times at 35 mph but each time I had to disengage within 5-10 seconds as it wanted to drive too close to the right side of the road for my comfort. I desperately wanted to know if it would do it but, if it took one trip into the deeper snow, even briefly, the car would spin out into the ditch. So, every time it felt like it was getting within 6" of the last tire track I would have to steer back toward the center. It may have very well locked onto that rightmost tire track and held it, but I didn't want to find out! However, it was apparent that it could see at least as well as I and was willing to soldier on!
Good info, but now I need to mop the sweat off my forehead. Snow people lead a different life...