Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy is most likely looking at technical and saw that Tsla got rejected at the resistant trendline of around 1116ish. People do follow these things and sell accordingly.

From 4 days ago, resistance trend line moved lower than the 1120 he was talking today

That guy is annoying (voice) and fishing for subscribers to a paid service. There is nothing special. Any number of long term TSLA holders likely far outperform him.

There are really just too many people giving a voice in the market. One can't make sense of it all and must have a method to determine if any of those folks are worth it. The way to know, is through profits. Until the start describing their full financial portfolios and performance, it is all just a bunch of horse tonky, no different than the dithering personalities on market TV sources.

Everyone has one and they all stink!

All sorts of legitimate reasons for selling. That's a personal decision for everyone.

If one is trying to time the market and trade TLSA, then that is a different story. I think for most of us here, holding throughout all the gains has been much more difficult than expected, but has been extremely rewarding, much more than trying to time entry and exits.
Having personally tried to do a lot of the former (buy & hold) and a little of the latter (timing sell/buy) I have to say that second thing is pretty difficult - at least for me. YMMV

That guy is annoying (voice) and fishing for subscribers to a paid service. There is nothing special. Any number of long term TSLA holders likely far outperform him.

There are really just too many people giving a voice in the market. One can't make sense of it all and must have a method to determine if any of those folks are worth it. The way to know, is through profits. Until the start describing their full financial portfolios and performance, it is all just a bunch of horse tonky, no different than the dithering personalities on market TV sources.

Everyone has one and they all stink!
I have been following this guy for about a year and he is correct at least 90%+ of the time on his macro trends. It's kind of nice to expect an outcome and happens exactly as such the next day. It really calms the nerve and blocks out the noise especially on those massive red days.

Amazon built AWS to handle their own business needs. As they built it out they realized that they had a new line of services to offer and their own E-commerce business allowed them the scale to make it happen. Profits grew like crazy.

Tesla is building out DOJO and generalized AI in order to make autonomy work. Tesla owners are providing the scale, both in revenue and data to make that happen. I hope everyone sees where this is going.
Funny thing is, Amazon makes his profits only with AWS.
In a not too distant future they won't be able to do the same trick with AI thanks to Dojo,
and competition like (Microsoft, Google, IBM, Tencent...) could easily eat more market share.
I see Bezos losing in all directions (up being one of them).

I might just go all in. Not far now.
Chew on that for a moment.

Attachments

• DD0D13E3-821F-4E00-A18D-29C60F3FFA5A.jpeg
    DD0D13E3-821F-4E00-A18D-29C60F3FFA5A.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: Discoducky
In Washington State there needs to be a licensed driver behind the wheel (who is also sober). I imagine this is true in most US states

I don't know about "most" but it's absolutely not true in all of them

, so I don't know why you continue to spread this nonsens

because it's factual, not nonsense.

Not sure why you get upset every time this is pointed out.

. The fact that Florida and maybe a handful of other states may have more permissive laws does not change this basic fact.

Except the basic fact in question was "Is it already legal in some states"

So the fact it is literally changes the basic fact claimed.

Again, it would be legal right now. Today for Tesla to enable L5 FSD in some US states, without needing "permission" from the feds, or the state, or any "mayor" as one poster claimed.

That's a fact

So the only "nonsense" in the discussion is the folks claiming it's somehow "regulatory approval" holding them back.

It's not.

it's the fact the system isn't ready yet.

The fact it's not even in wide release as an L2 system would be yet another fairly large clue it's not ready to be an L5 system too.

Feel free to direct further discussion to one of the FSD forum threads though if you remain unclear on the state of the law and the fact L5 is already legal in a number of US states right now.

Does anyone have an educated guess when HW4 may replace HW3?

At AI day Elon told us

Elon Musk said:
there will be a future HW 4.0 or Full Self Driving Computer 2 which we’ll probably introduce with the Cybertruck, so maybe in about a year or so.

That was August 2021 when it was mentioned. Also been discussion of next-gen cameras that might go with it.

It's unclear if either the computer or cameras would be upgradable on existing cars- but we know HW3 was built specifically to be swappable... and we know current HW2.0 camera cars are getting camera upgrades (only to 2.5 cameras though).

Last edited:
Reactions: jbcarioca
I don't know about "most" but it's absolutely not true in all of them

because it's factual, not nonsense.

Not sure why you get upset every time this is pointed out.

Except the basic fact in question was "Is it already legal in some states"

So the fact it is literally changes the basic fact claimed.

Again, it would be legal right now. Today for Tesla to enable L5 FSD in some US states, without needing "permission" from the feds, or the state, or any "mayor" as one poster claimed.

That's a fact

So the only "nonsense" in the discussion is the folks claim it's somehow "regulatory approval" holding them back.

It's not.

it's the fact the system isn't ready yet.
I can already see where this is going, so may I be the first to request of the two of you to take this to DM?

Thanks, I'm corrected, it was 2 BEVs! :oops: That was a quick pivot to all electric.
Meanwhile still pushing the Hydrogen agenda forecasting more production of those than the BEVs. They are outpacing themselves now? Maybe BEV is until Hydrogen is more avail? But 350 mi range - what load if any? (not specified). 75 mph top speed... Nothing to see here I think, NKLA in the red already today. Short lived :)
75 mph would drive a long hauler crazy, so short haul for these is probably fine. Although, I’ve had some trucks coming down from Barstow into LA at night do 100 mph PAST me.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
Coda:
This, and in general anything dealing with the market performance of NKLA is not Off Topic, because I deem it an appropriate foil to the fortunes of TSLA, particularly given its - and us investors - long slog through the wilderness when the company had to endure the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortunate articles.

Anyone who purchased NKLA this morning out of exuberance over a glowing, entirely misleading article has seen his investment drop between 9 and 10% as of market's close. How does that maxim go about the relationship of some kind of person and his money?

Coda:
This, and in general anything dealing with the market performance of NKLA is not Off Topic, because I deem it an appropriate foil to the fortunes of TSLA, particularly given its - and us investors - long slog through the wilderness when the company had to endure the slings and arrows of outrageous misfortunate articles.

Anyone who purchased NKLA this morning out of exuberance over a glowing, entirely misleading article has seen his investment drop between 9 and 10% as of market's close. How does that maxim go about the relationship of some kind of person and his money?
If Nikola has an app for that type of investor it would be called "Part Mode" wouldn't it? 🤷‍♂️

Fool and his money, soon PARTed

Last edited:
Went for a couple of drives. FSD 10.8 went from WTF to WOW! Central FL here. Anyone else having similar experiences? This is the real deal. Just some minor pedal push interventions but when it comes to turns, comfort, and lane changes in traffic it's absolutely amazing.

Steady on, there! The guy who doesn't have FSD, from a Province that doesn't have FSD beta testers, just told us its gonna be 5 YEARS before FSD works better than a toddler driving a pedal car...

/S

I put the Funny for "Of course I will be wrong" and then you edited that bit out. Sneaky of you.

Now, TMC won't let me change it to a Like. Just wanted to be clear which part it was that I thought was Funny.
Sorry I found that FUD article and copy pasted it at the end of my message and I think it got rid of the last sentences of my post. Hard to edit on an iPhone but yes you are right I also find it funny I am always wrong on the stock price move direction ;) That’s why I prefer to sell 30% OTM options so this give me 30% space to be right :D

Coda:

"It is immoral to let a fool keep his money." (or something like that)

I have been following this guy for about a year and he is correct at least 90%+ of the time on his macro trends. It's kind of nice to expect an outcome and happens exactly as such the next day. It really calms the nerve and blocks out the noise especially on those massive red days.
Gosh, How many macro trends have there been in a year?
FWIW, I've been right 100% of the time on macro trends this year!

Drove 9 hours on the 5 yesterday due to insane traffic (LA to Bay Area) from peeps that likely have never been outside. Saw about 7 trucks with Model 3s. Also got stuck in a drive though with no joking a 3 hr wait to get out so I had cars move and used a dirt road exit and went through a field and up a steep dirt embankment to the frontage road. A guy in a Jeep said he was not comfortable following and I told him I had a Tesla Model 3 and if I could do it he could too, he said "I don't know" Too funny at many levels. SC's were almost all full.