Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If a Chinese corporation buys out the Dodge and Ram brands, will anyone in the US even notice?
If they bought the BRAND, (it would probably be a GM brand though) I don’t think ppl. would care, but I doubt the FTC or US Govt would allow a Chinese company or “the chinese” to buy say a portion of GM, or Ford, or as you say RAM )like the RAM manufacturing line, etc. If GM could sell to China PLYMOUTH, or OLDSMOBILE or SATURN, I say let’ em have it. ;-)

People will say the same for the next decade as Tesla goes from 900k to 20M cars/year. What can Tesla do, the demand for them is so high… They can scale as fast as they can but as the extra value of the entire Tesla ecosystem(supercharger, fsd, robotaxi network, infotainment, octavalve, gigacasting, tesla insurance etc) is so high, people will pay premium for a Tesla over a Toyota so Tesla will have to charge a lot for their cars and people will complain.
Robotaxi network? Does anybody think that is still achievable this decade? It’s been 6 years and FSD is still at toddler phase. At this point level 3 maybe in the next 5 years. Love our car but I’m thinking FSD is what it is for years to come, other than the few thousand running the beta.

Jmho.

If they bought the BRAND, (it would probably be a GM brand though) I don’t think ppl. would care, but I doubt the FTC or US Govt would allow a Chinese company or “the chinese” to buy say a portion of GM, or Ford, or as you say RAM )like the RAM manufacturing line, etc. If GM could sell to China PLYMOUTH, or OLDSMOBILE or SATURN, I say let’ em have it. ;-)
GM would have a tough time selling Plymouth, seeing as how that is/was? a Chrysler owned brand. Saturn would also be tough now that it's defunct. Oldsmobile I'm not sure about. Do they still make Oldsmobiles? Buick is the GM brand the Chinese would be most interested in.

GM would have a tough time selling Plymouth, seeing as how that is/was? a Chrysler owned brand. Saturn would also be tough now that it's defunct. Oldsmobile I'm not sure about. Do they still make Oldsmobiles? Buick is the GM brand the Chinese would be most interested in.
I sort of meant that they are ALL defunct at this point so I’d sell it for say 1T$ to a Chinese firm. ;-)

Reactions: Nocturnal
Robotaxi network? Does anybody think that is still achievable this decade?
Yes. Easily. Just need one city, up to that Mayor and Elon. Needs more practice obviously, but learning fast.

Even if blocked by Feds, many other countries are likely ready. Do you think the US will accept 2nd place here? How would that Headline read?
“Canada chooses safety first - deploys TN, all about Driver Trust.”
Limited users at first but I could see it somewhere next year.

Reactions: FireMedic