Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Low but nonzero probability: Tesla's banking partners were playing games ...
Also crossed my mind.
The moment most of these clouds cleared up Tesla went pedal to the metal and broadened the ABL lines and prepared for a smart end of quarter push in North America
There's really nothing they can do the last few weeks of a quarter that would require an expanded ABL. 3rd month cash inflows overwhelm any possible "pedal to the metal" move. The only way they'd need to expand it this month is if the death cult is right about cars piling up on lots without buyers. You don't even want to hear their nutcase theories about the ABL expansion.

In reality, the ABL expansion is for when they start loading boats again next quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and bdy0627
Yeah. I think there's too much manipulation going on with the stock, so fundamentals don't apply.
In fact, it feels like stock is used for "horse racing betting" - you get paid a lot if you bet on the least likely outcome and collect money from everybody else. Wish that somebody like SEC had interest in investigating irregularities and apply punishment to manipulators. Instead, the SEC is in the bed with shorts causing us more damage, so this is hopeless.

I think that with more Tesla owners they will buy stock more and it will turn around. OEMs should be really hurting a few years from now, so this can't go forever. At some point everybody will see what's coming. It might be a couple of years later than we think though...

The manipulation won't last long. AMD stock went trough similar patch.
After a prolonged period of loses they turned profit. It took a few additional quarter to reconfirm it was not a fluke and the stock raised almost 400%.

Q1 & Q2 results will show Model 3 is the real deal.

I have been trying to visit my friend in North Dakota for a while now...

The thing is, all you need for the empty spaces is Superchargers. That's it. You don't need a big delivery center, a big service center, stores, none of that... the people who live in those areas are used to going some distance to buy cars and get them repaired. Tesla can run Superchargers across the Nullarbor, and probably will; there's enough room to make them fully solar/battery powered.

Don’t give up hope. Data exists for 3 SC stations in permit stage for ND:
34624005-8793-4252-A3D7-51A7D0314DF9.jpeg

Nobody here is psychic.

Me: Wait you're not psychic???

KarenRei: No

Me: I thought you were psychic.

KarenRei: I'm from Iceland

Me: Iceland! I thought I was getting advice from a psychic!

KarenRei: I'm sorry

Me: Well, then... that changes everything!

George: What?!

Me: She's not a psychic, I was duped!

George: So what?! She still gave you great advice! What's the difference if she's not a psychic?!

Me: I'm not taking advice from some girl from Iceland!

George: Wait a minute, you're-now you're selling TSLA because she's from Iceland?!

I have been trying to visit my friend in North Dakota for a while now...

The thing is, all you need for the empty spaces is Superchargers. That's it. You don't need a big delivery center, a big service center, stores, none of that... the people who live in those areas are used to going some distance to buy cars and get them repaired. Tesla can run Superchargers across the Nullarbor, and probably will; there's enough room to make them fully solar/battery powered.

We did just find out that Tesla has been intentionally slowing Supercharger installations to wait for v3 to be ready. If they follow through, there should be a big uptick in new installed stations now.

Is this a true statement??????? can other people comment on this?
Mostly not, but it can be depending on circumstances. Ploughing through snow or water causes a lot of drag. Cold weather shrinks the air, so if you don't keep your inflation up, that causes more drag. Cold air is dense, so that causes a lot of drag (just ask any pilot). It's not uncommon for ICE vehicles to lose 25% or more in very cold weather (few ICE drivers actually notice this because the cars don't tell them). In Canada, S85 typically gets 185 miles down from 265 (~70%) when the temperature is -20 to -30 (There were lots of posts on this when the S85 first came out).

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba and neroden
I was thinking a string along whatever major route goes through the middle. Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I see SC infrastructure is that you have chargers every 150 miles along the main route, and that gives you about 2 hours of range north or south of that route to get people to their destination.

Sure (fair dinkum), and it will become more feasilbe with SC V3 (and beyond). Fewer SC stations needed to get across the outback.

However, I wonder how much electrical grid infrastructure exists in the middle. Alice Springs, kinda square in the middle, must have serious electrical infrastructure so maybe it just ain’t a problem, mate.

Also crossed my mind.

There's really nothing they can do the last few weeks of a quarter that would require an expanded ABL. 3rd month cash inflows overwhelm any possible "pedal to the metal" move. The only way they'd need to expand it this month is if the death cult is right about cars piling up on lots without buyers. You don't even want to hear their nutcase theories about the ABL expansion.

In reality, the ABL expansion is for when they start loading boats again next quarter.

I was surprised Tesla hadn’t already expanded the facility post Model 3 production given the significantly higher business size and working capital requirements. It was never going to be difficult to get cheap interest on a secured facility backed by inventory and factory assets and it's always sensible to maintain significant available committed credit lines.

I think Tesla likely waited for the convert repayment before signing the new facility just in case the SP rallied and the convert was 50% settled in shares.