Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was driving through a neighborhood that has no lane marking and all the sudden I saw that I could engage autopilot. After checking out a house I when back to the same spot and noticed some aqua very thin chalk lines not even in the center of the street and spaced kind of like lane marking. I decided to try autopilot and was able to engage it and it kept working for a while even after the lines where not there anymore. I was surprised about it and took some video and pictures. Is this normal and expected?
Yes, but these are corner cases on surface streets and AP will start beeping wildly when it loses confidence and force a takeover or stop.

Reactions: FireMedic
Such a huge step towards the FSD "button". I would think this is AI that will be driver monitoring as opposed to straight algo's. I imagine folks will try to defeat it, but here's to hoping Tesla has thought of that. Queue videos of idiots putting up cardboard cutouts in driver seats. Let's all hope that Tesla implements AI to monitor the seat sensors as well. OCS (Occupant Classification Systems) can provide enough data to DNN's to establish a similar result which is confidence that their is a driver in the seat and that they are attentive. How Occupant Classification Systems Work

There should be a free trade zone way to get around this. Maybe in the Tesla factory lot.

Nope.

Foreign trade zones in the US are designated by the federal government.... and then ALSO require state consent (and if they could get that they could've just gotten the bill passed in the first place)

And all they do is let you avoid some international customs/tarrif costs- not dodge state distribution laws.... for example if you import a bunch of parts that would be taxed at 25% by the US, to build a finished product that would only be taxed at 15% by the US, you can bring them into the FTZ facility, assemble them to the finished product, and only ever pay the 15% while keeping the assembly location inside the US.

Does the Texas law prevent the sale of Teslas only to Texans ?

Wondering if a Canadian or out of state American CT buyer flying in to pick up their Cybertruck and driving it home would be legal under Texas law ?

Would love to do that, and take a factory tour at the same time.

Law is the same for anybody.

With the cars being made in CA, the "loophole" was you ordered online in Texas. Tesla processed all your paperwork out of state. Payment done online (and none of this could be done AT a tesla facility).

Tesla would ship the car to a Texas gallery where you could go get in and drive off in the car you ALREADY own that you bought online, not in Texas... so they didn't deliver you a new car in Texas.

The problem with the Austin factory is, the car can't be IN texas when you order it- otherwise they ARE delivering a "new car" to a buyer.

So they're gonna have to ship every car bought by a texan OUT of texas first, then back in.

It's goofy as hell, costing Tesla money on both ends for transport.

Last edited:
What just happened?
I wonder if the S&P ESG inclusion has an influence on the move? As far as I can see, the ESG inclusion was announced as early as 7. may. And if I get it right, it was effective as from yesterday. When ESG Etf’s, green funds and other funds want to join, they often apply to the closing price auction, where they have to place their order 10 minutes before close, and that order can not be changed. If you are a retail customer of ordinary funds, you may place your order, but you will not know the price before the closing the next day. The rapid increase in the price started right after the deadline of the closing auction. Other stocks going out of the ESG had the inverse reaction. I’m wondering who’s interested of pushing the price up before the closing price?

Attachments

• 4EA9401B-67F3-48DD-B914-A399B70F2D61.png
    4EA9401B-67F3-48DD-B914-A399B70F2D61.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 228

Perhaps the most positive piece MSNBC has ever done on Tesla. Barely crap talk the Solar City acquisition and even brushed off their energy business not currently profitable. The rest of the 20 min piece was practically boot licking Tesla. Certain different than I am used to. Good watch and informative!
CNBC credits.jpg

First - credit where credit is due, see above. Lora even??

(But what was that about nipple-based battery construction at 17:20??? I must not understand renewables after all.)

And apparently they only work on laws to allow free for all gun rights and limit a womans reproductive freedom.
No, they also work on taxing EVs (looks like we just barely squeaked through not having to pay $200 a year for an EV--gas taxes are around $100 according to the State's study) and having wind and solar be not classified as energy (only fossil fuels are energy--don't know if this bill has made it or not, but it was proposed). And the ever popular "batteries are energy producers, not energy storage" which prevents the electricity distributors (e.g. OnCor) from using batteries to even out the load and provide grid backup.

So I was driving through a neighborhood that has no lane marking and all the sudden I saw that I could engage autopilot. After checking out a house I when back to the same spot and noticed some aqua very thin chalk lines not even in the center of the street and spaced kind of like lane marking. I decided to try autopilot and was able to engage it and it kept working for a while even after the lines where not there anymore. I was surprised about it and took some video and pictures. Is this normal and expected?
Normal if you have FSD.

No, they also work on taxing EVs (looks like we just barely squeaked through not having to pay $200 a year for an EV--gas taxes are around $100 according to the State's study) and having wind and solar be not classified as energy (only fossil fuels are energy--don't know if this bill has made it or not, but it was proposed). And the ever popular "batteries are energy producers, not energy storage" which prevents the electricity distributors (e.g. OnCor) from using batteries to even out the load and provide grid backup.
Maybe you have more info than me. The $200 equates to about a tank a week. I don’t use anywhere near that.

@Curt Renz or someone who understands this. Not my choice of words - just copying info from tweet for any that can't view it.

I haven't seen this posted:-
HOLY BREAKING NEWS: SEC JUST APPROVED SR-OCC-2021-003 What this is: Obligation to Reconcile Activity on a Regular Basis. The "You're gonna report your risk daily now, you little" Rule. It's all coming together! $amc $gme #amc #gme #AMC500k #AMCSqueeze #GMESQUEEZE

initial Minimum Corporate Contribution at such a level that OCC’s total skin-in-the-game (i.e., the sum of the Minimum Corporate Contribution and OCC’s current EDCP Unvested Balance) would equal 25 percent of OCC’s Target Capital Requirement

Attachments

• 1622158682474.png
    1622158682474.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
New Cybertruck patent shows off some interesting info...

The UI imagery shows:

620 miles of range
20k LBS towing
A stove attachment

[0127] As described above, the representation 504 may include information determined using cameras or sensors positioned about the vehicle. For example, pedestrians, other cars, cones, animals, lights, stop signs, and so on, may be determined by a system included in the vehicle. These may be rendered in the user interface 500. Similarly, the representation 504 may include rocks, dips, inclines, and so on, of an off-road area surrounding the vehicle. In some embodiments, a drone may be stored in the vehicle. The drone may fly from the vehicle and perform a mapping operation of surrounding terrain. For example, photogrammetry techniques may be used. This information may be provided to the vehicle, and used to render the representation 504. In some embodiments, the vehicle may render the representation 504 using, at least in part, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) techniques.

uspto.report

Context Sensitive User Interface For Enhanced Vehicle Operation Patent Application

U.S. Patent Application 20210156705 for Context Sensitive User Interface For Enhanced Vehicle Operation
uspto.report