Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say, it's exciting to see things picking up steam with the Super Charging network... feels like a miracle, considering the expense and incredible energy required to create such a vast alternative to the gas filling station so quickly. Kudos to Tesla for pulling this off!!!

The funny thing is that they really aren't that expensive compared to filling stations.

It was indeed!

I think its an issue that I'm able to identify that!

- - - Updated - - -

Courtyard by Marriott in Flagstaff AZ has confirmed a Tesla Supercharging station is under construction. 12-11-13 16:36PM MST. I have again requested photos be messaged to me and I will post as soon as I learn anything further.

I've added some pictures to the dedicate Flagstaff, AZ thread. See the main directory for the dedicated threads.

Main Directory - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/forumdisplay.php/77-Charging-Standards-and-Infrastructure

Flagstaff, AZ - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24922-Supercharger-Flagstaff-AZ

two cents on SJC. This doesn't look anything like a Tesla Supercharging site from all the others that we have seen built. Has anyone asked the crew {or anyone in the area} there what this is? Are we certain that this is the location for Superchargers? It just looks odd:crying:! Humm…..?

We're certain of the address, at least, from the permit:

eTRAKiT Search

And FredTMC talked to the foreman, so that's good enough for me.

With all the cross-posts from this thread and the individual and regional Supercharger threads, it's starting to get a little crazy. For Flagstaff, I need to read this thread, the Arizona one, and the Flagstaff one. And a lot of them are just the same posts linking to each other.

Maybe there could be a Supercharger subforum where each individual Supercharger is a sticky? Easier to check on progress and in the future to report problems for easy reference.

With all the cross-posts from this thread and the individual and regional Supercharger threads, it's starting to get a little crazy. For Flagstaff, I need to read this thread, the Arizona one, and the Flagstaff one. And a lot of them are just the same posts linking to each other.

Maybe there could be a Supercharger subforum where each individual Supercharger is a sticky? Easier to check on progress and in the future to report problems for easy reference.
I second the motion...

Hear, hear!

A Supercharger Construction Status sub-forum that consolidates all of this stuff in one place would be very nice!

I have to say, it's exciting to see things picking up steam with the Super Charging network... feels like a miracle, considering the expense and incredible energy required to create such a vast alternative to the gas filling station so quickly. Kudos to Tesla for pulling this off!!!

I check the Supercharger map on Tesla's website about once a week and I'm really excited to see the coast-to-coast links coming together :biggrin: It's crazy to think that just a few years ago, all of this was a dream to most people. The Supercharger really changes everything, from both a practical and psychological standpoint.

Agree... Except I think a thread by state should be sufficient (with perhaps CA being split into NorCal and SoCal...

I read that Two SC Ribbon Cuttings were scheduled to occur today, one each in MI and IN.
Congratulations!
Have looked for pictures, perhaps somebody will post some from the events.

Well, I just came from the local Service Center and even though I had heard this before, it is a bit mind-boggling.

There are currently about 42 or 43 active Supercharger Stations available for use, and there are either 43 or 42 additional locations where shovels are currently "in the ground" building the next generation of Superchargers.
AND, if a standard Supercharger Station (without Solar Panels) takes about 4 to 5 weeks to construct, by mid to late January there will be around 85 Supercharger Stations.

Active.
For.
Use.

Merry Christmas!!!

Note:
By my count the "Coming Soon" Map on Tesla Motors has 89 total SC locations, so I would say they are really cranking.
(And, I have NO idea how TMC folks are ever going to able to track them all, when several are surely situated in very remote and rural areas.)

Any educated guesses on how much a Supercharger costs with and without a solar canopy?
I remember some discussion on another thread of $150k and $300k. Certainly a lot less than building a gas station!

I'd think the majority of the cost is in the site-prep work and installation labor and not so much the equipment. A supercharger for 2 bays is basically 12 Model S single chargers. If they charge $1500 for a second charger, let's say their cost on a charger is something like $1000. That means that a supercharger costs around $12,000 plus the cabinet and extra stuff, so say $20,000. They probably need to throw in another $20k or so for the high power switchgear to bring the 480V in from the power company. That means that an 8-bay supercharger is probably less than $100,000 in hardware costs including all the wiring and such. I don't have much of a clue as to how much the labor costs. Maybe another $100k?

No idea how much the solar canopies will cost, but I'm going to guess they will increase the costs significantly. Over the long term this will, of course, offset the electrical costs, but it's probably a pretty long term ROI for those panels.

"All the cross threads"……. THIS thread, by a long shot… gets the most views, by several hundred thousand. THIS thread is probably where we come to first to learn any news about the network, be it an individual supercharger or several superchargers that have popped up quickly. Sooooo my suggestion is that we post initial construction with photos here and then duplicate it on regional forums threads, if we must… that way, at least initial construction will be in one location. We can then follow along with the regional thread if we so choose. Ideally just post everything here..we all love reading EVERYTHING about the Tesla Supercharging Network as it goes in so why not post all the information in one spot! …….HERE!

I read that Two SC Ribbon Cuttings were scheduled to occur today, one each in MI and IN.
Congratulations!
Have looked for pictures, perhaps somebody will post some from the events.

Well, I just came from the local Service Center and even though I had heard this before, it is a bit mind-boggling.

There are currently about 42 or 43 active Supercharger Stations available for use, and there are either 43 or 42 additional locations where shovels are currently "in the ground" building the next generation of Superchargers.
AND, if a standard Supercharger Station (without Solar Panels) takes about 4 to 5 weeks to construct, by mid to late January there will be around 85 Supercharger Stations.

Active.
For.
Use.

Merry Christmas!!!

Note:
By my count the "Coming Soon" Map on Tesla Motors has 89 total SC locations, so I would say they are really cranking.
(And, I have NO idea how TMC folks are ever going to able to track them all, when several are surely situated in very remote and rural areas.)

"The opening of our Holbrook Supercharger and the additional five stations slated to open in Arizona in coming months are a testament to our dedication to the market and the strength of our customer base in the area,” Georgeson said. “Many of these Arizona Supercharger stations, including Holbrook, will support the cross-country route from Los Angeles to New York, which will be completed by the end of 2013.”

AzJournal.com » Tesla Electric Car Charging Station To Be Built In Holbrook