Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ref: Hampden Inn, 111 Twin Buttes Rd. Gallup, NM 87301. I called them this afternoon and asked if anyone can message me a few photos of the construction that IS confirmed by them to be underway. We'll see what happens! It often works.. someone with a cell phone is usually willing to take a few photos and send{message them} them to me. If they come through..I'll post asap!!

Ref: Hampden Inn, 111 Twin Buttes Rd. Gallup, NM 87301. I called them this afternoon and asked if anyone can message me a few photos of the construction that IS confirmed by them to be underway. We'll see what happens! It often works.. someone with a cell phone is usually willing to take a few photos and send{message them} them to me. If they come through..I'll post asap!!

So they confirmed the construction?

I emailed them about this one, as well as the Primm site. All I got was a canned response. But you should email them, too.

I'm not sure if it's different than what they said to you, but they're apparently looking for something in the area. Here's the response I got:

Hi Gear,
Thank you for your email. Our developers are constantly looking for new sites in Southern California to facilitate long distance travel for our customers and are currently looking into sites in the San Bernardino/Ontario area. You can formally make your suggestion to directly to our developer team here.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support of Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thanks,
Tesla Supercharger Team

I really hope they find something in Ontario as that's more convenient for me, but I'd take either one!

Excellent. That is a crucial link between the Arizona and Utah legs of the nationwide route.

I am going down to see the status of the Farmington, NM Supercharger this week. On the off chance that they want to test it, with a range charge and some hypermile driving, I could make it to Gallup and back to Farmington for a charge to get home to Pagosa. Maybe I will do this after Farmington opens. BTW, there are two "Hampton Inns" in Farmington. The one at 111 Twin Buttes Rd is the Hampton Inn, Gallup West.

BTW, there are two "Hampton Inns" in Farmington. The one at 111 Twin Buttes Rd is the Hampton Inn, Gallup West.

According to the Google Maps satellite view, that is one seriously small parking lot in which to shoehorn a Supercharger along with hotel parking; let's hope they've added some more parking since that photo was taken. Not too much else around that interchange, either.

BTW, you clearly meant to write "...there are two HI's in Gallup."

Update on San Juan Capistrano:

Ground has technically been broken but there is little more than a trench and a pile of gravel.

IMG_0341[1].JPG
IMG_0342[1].JPG
IMG_0343[1].JPG

I got a nice reply from Tesla in response to my suggestion to create a network of HPWC, Level 2 chargers to backup the Supercharger network. It looks like they are already on it.

Thank you for your email and feedback. We are looking into the issue with the preemptive map population.

We are in fact already beginning to develop a Level 2 charging infrastructure and will make more announcements to customers as the program starts to develop.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support of Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thanks,
Tesla Supercharger Team

two cents on SJC. This doesn't look anything like a Tesla Supercharging site from all the others that we have seen built. Has anyone asked the crew {or anyone in the area} there what this is? Are we certain that this is the location for Superchargers? It just looks odd:crying:! Humm…..?