Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Needs an Army of Developers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After driving the car since Tuesday's delivery, there are definitely many features lacking. Here is what comes to mind:

1. There are driver profiles which remember settings but you have to manually pick your profile, it does not identify your key fob. Not urgent for me since I am the only driving for now. My wife does not seem that interested

2. There is only previous, next and play/pause controls for iPod integration. No selection of playlist or browsing of song lists

3. Being in Seattle, wiper control's rain sensing can be vastly improved

4. Cannot figure out a way to hang up phone using scroll buttons on steering wheel

5. Volume of "turn by turn" Nav is independent of music volume. Issue is when music is high, I have to separately turn turn-by-turn volume up. And vice versa.

6. I wish I can set the walk-away shutdown lag to be shorter. I walk a good 15 yards away and it still has not locked itself.

Here are things that work well:

1. Auto presenting handles when you approach

2. Warnings when doors or charge port are open are intuitive and clear

3. Google map and "turn by turn" nav works well

4. Bluetooth pairing with iPhone works perfectly. Both calls and music are clear

5. HomeLink pairing was straightforward and HomeLink buttons pop up when I approach my home

6. Screen is very responsive and button's hit area allows usage while driving