Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a Lexus follow me into a carwash. As we pull into the bay for vacuuming/etc. the driver comes up next to me and says "I usually use the touchless carwash down the road, but since a Tesla pulled in here, I decided I can do it on my car too".

I didn't really know what to say...

Had a Lexus follow me into a carwash. As we pull into the bay for vacuuming/etc. the driver comes up next to me and says "I usually use the touchless carwash down the road, but since a Tesla pulled in here, I decided I can do it on my car too".

I didn't really know what to say...
Do you mean you pulled into a "insert the quarters, grab the hose, do it yourself" car wash, or one with brushes?

Do you mean you pulled into a "insert the quarters, grab the hose, do it yourself" car wash, or one with brushes?

Brushes. O no, the horror :sarcasm:

It's just a car, by the time it's a few years old it'll have scratches on it anyways, so I don't get the whole "let's use brushless carwashes only". They do a worse job (at least around here).

Brushes. O no, the horror :sarcasm:

It's just a car, by the time it's a few years old it'll have scratches on it anyways, so I don't get the whole "let's use brushless carwashes only". They do a worse job (at least around here).
So far, I've been doing the brushless washes, but as you and Jerry state, it doesn't get very clean - especially this time of year as I start making weekly drives up into Colo ski country.
Max - I wonder what color your car is and if you've noticed any swirls, etc. from the car washes?

Max - I wonder what color your car is and if you've noticed any swirls, etc. from the car washes?

New blue. And I have it all, rock chips, swirls and holograms. I probably should've complained about the holograms at delivery, but I didn't notice it right away.

I'll wax it next spring, and it'll get better for a little bit and then will go back to being swirled/etc.

I'm 100% sure my old car had swirls on it too, but I've never realized that that's something I need to look out for, so I never really looked at it to find out, KWIM? If it didn't bother me then, why should it bother me now? You can't see them from 5 feet away, so... eh, whatever.

Had a neat Tesla moment in Emeryville while driving my son to school this morning, waiting to make a left turn behind a matching Roadster. My Model S is silver, not the most common color, but I'd never seen a silver Roadster before today, not even in the Tesla-land that is the San Francisco Bay Area. It was a busy intersection, so we both waited awhile for an opening, and we got a few ogles from drivers around us. We ended up gunning the go pedals together to get out of the intersection as the light turned red. My son thought it was very cool that I could keep up with a Roadster (the secret of course was that we weren't going all that fast, but a little lateral G force makes everything seem faster to an 8-year-old). An added bonus for my son was a few minutes later when the stars finally lined up right for us to auto-park on the street in front of school.

(And hey Roadster guy, if you're reading this, I wanted to give you a wave, but you weren't looking at me and I didn't want to distract you with a honk or a headlight flash.)

I was all primed for a Tesla moment when I drove for the first time in "Blue Max" to the Newport Aquatic Center for my morning rowing session.

Far from wowing the other oarsmen and kayakers there with my new pride and joy, as I arrived I found three Teslas in the parking lot.

Well, it is​ Newport Beach, after all. :)

I was all primed for a Tesla moment when I drove for the first time in "Blue Max" to the Newport Aquatic Center for my morning rowing session.

Far from wowing the other oarsmen and kayakers there with my new pride and joy, as I arrived I found three Teslas in the parking lot.

Well, it is​ Newport Beach, after all. :)
Yeah, a bit the same here in San Diego. But, I love that. Silent and stealthy.

On a recent road trip a few hours north of any superchargers here in Ontario Canada, we stayed overnight in a small town (no destination charging, and no chargers on plugshare available in the area). We visited the local breakfast diner the next morning, as my wife was leaving a local patron stopped her and said "is that your Tesla?!". She proceeded to answer all of the questions posed by their table of interested retired men. They asked all the usual questions, but the best one came at the end when she showed them the key, and they looked and said "that's your car, but what does your husband drive?", she laughed and told them a Smart Electric Car, the looks were priceless. I then explained my story of buying my Smart ED and how much fun I have every day taking it through the city streets (avoiding the highway/major streets). My youngest son told them the Smart is the best car for him, because he gets to sit in the front (only has two seats after all)!

We don't go a week without someone approaching us about the car. I'm telling you, Tesla better be prepared, or their website will crash under the load when the Model 3 is available for reservation!!