Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt this one will be up for long: 60 kWh Model S P07619 | Tesla Motors

I still haven't pulled the trigger on my beloved precious! Opting for the S85 and waiting for the right car to come along. I think those inventory cars are backed up. They'll be coming down into inventory soon enough! *Prays to the Electric Gods*

I don't know what it was, but it doesn't seem to be there now.

It was a very basic, early 2013 model with about 19k miles. I guess the market disagrees for the time being, but I don't think these low end prices will hold up too long.

I don't think they will hold up long at all, Elon said yesterday that Model X will start deliveries in 2 months, that means more trade ins to become CPOs.

Same day he announced battery upgrades from 85 kWh to 90 kWh and so far hasn't mentioned an upgrade path for the 60 kWh owners. If there isn't a direct upgrade that will be another wave of CPO cars coming in as people upgrade to the 90 kWh model.

If there is a direct upgrade that will prop prices up as 60 kWh on the cheap becomes a 90 kWh car with upgrade. You'll see 60 kWh cars hovering in price near what they'd be worth with a 90 kWh battery minus the cost of the upgrade.

If there isn't a direct upgrade that will depress the price of the 60 kWh cars further as they are seen as unupgradable.

either way the influx of newer trims of the Model S and the roll out of Model X I'd expect the price of CPOs that are pre autopilot to continue to drop at a steady rate even if that isn't shown on the CPO website yet.

Not sure if anyone brought this up in this thread, but i think people should understand a critical point about the S60.

S60 CPO - keep in mind the original warranty is 8 years/125K miles on power train and battery. With a CPO you get 4 years and 50K miles on top of the current miles but the 125K is the real kicker. So dont expect the power train to be warrantied much pass the CPO warranty. As other have mentioned you dont want to keep a models s out of battery and power train warranty. Recently i hear the repair cost can be in the 10 of thousands for thr drive unit.

S60 inventory - no supercharger enabled. You will need to enable the supercharging which is another 2K or so. Finally also the 8 year/125K miles power train warranty.

Again i am just trying to reinterate why i feel the S60 should be worth a lot less. The new S70 is a much better buy than those inventory S60.

Not sure if anyone brought this up in this thread, but i think people should understand a critical point about the S60.

S60 CPO - keep in mind the original warranty is 8 years/125K miles on power train and battery. With a CPO you get 4 years and 50K miles on top of the current miles but the 125K is the real kicker. So dont expect the power train to be warrantied much pass the CPO warranty. As other have mentioned you dont want to keep a models s out of battery and power train warranty. Recently i hear the repair cost can be in the 10 of thousands for thr drive unit.

S60 inventory - no supercharger enabled. You will need to enable the supercharging which is another 2K or so. Finally also the 8 year/125K miles power train warranty.

Again i am just trying to reinterate why i feel the S60 should be worth a lot less. The new S70 is a much better buy than those inventory S60.

I do agree less, not sure how much less though. I still believe a "8 years/125K miles on power train and battery" vs "8 year / unlimited mile" isn't a huge factor. If the owner isn't going over 15,625 miles then it is pretty much the same warranty. I would also assume many plan on upgrading the battery at some point anyways (assuming Tesla ever figures this out).

Last edited:
S60 CPO - keep in mind the original warranty is 8 years/125K miles on power train and battery. With a CPO you get 4 years and 50K miles on top of the current miles but the 125K is the real kicker. So dont expect the power train to be warrantied much pass the CPO warranty.

I believe I misunderstood this point. Are you saying you believe the 8 years/125K miles doesn't apply to the CPO/Inventory vehicle? Or are you saying the 8 years/125K miles starts at the date of when the car was made not purchased as a CPO?

I believe I misunderstood this point. Are you saying you believe the 8 years/125K miles doesn't apply to the CPO/Inventory vehicle? Or are you saying the 8 years/125K miles starts at the date of when the car was made not purchased as a CPO?

I guess i should be more clear. All cpo vehicles will get the remaining balance on the warranty. For sake of understanding ill use the s85. The s85 has a 8 years/unlimited miles warranty on the drive train and battery. If the cpo s85 is a 2013 then the remaining warranty on the drive train and battery is 6 years. The remaining mileage is unlimited still.

So going on this rule, if you purchase a 2013 s60 that has 30k miles. Then your bumber to bumber warranty will end in 2017 or once you hit 80K miles whichever is first. Your power train and battery warranty ends at 2021 or 125k miles which ever comes first.

As i stated before you dont want to own a model s out of warranty on the drive train and battery. As for those who think 125k is a lot, it is not for those who plan to drive the wheels off the car. I have noticed once i had an electric car, my usage greatly increase. Normally i would do 10K miles per year, but recently i can easily do 15k or more per year. Now it seems like i will be doing closer to 17K per year. And that is with an EV that cant leave the city. Imagine if i had the ability to go out side of the city?

I am not confirming No2Dino's assertion, but I felt the same and prior to the 70D announcement, I had decided on getting an 85 b/c of the warranty (and at the time, supercharging enablement) vs. a 60 that easily could have handled 90% of my driving needs.

S60 inventory - no supercharger enabled. You will need to enable the supercharging which is another 2K or so.

It's been stated repeatedly that they are enabling the supercharging for CPOs. They weren't doing that for inventory cars but will for CPO.

An S40 that gets traded in goes through the transformation:

S40 -> S60 -> Supercharger enabled -> CPO

It's been stated repeatedly that they are enabling the supercharging for CPOs. They weren't doing that for inventory cars but will for CPO.

An S40 that gets traded in goes through the transformation:

S40 -> S60 -> Supercharger enabled -> CPO

True, but note that now Tesla does list inventory S60s alongside the CPO S60s. As such, it is not yet guaranteed the inventory S60s will come with SpC enabled automatically. Personally, I think Tesla should do this to avoid the confusion, but I could see them going either way on it.

I'll go out on a limb with a price prediction. By January 1, 2016 a CPO S60 with Pano, tech and leather and under 30k miles can be had for <$37.5k. The same S85 for <$42.4 and P85 <$47.5. They'll get snatched up quickly but that's where I see the price trends headed.

Last edited:
"A lot". I know that's not a fair answer but everyone will be chasing AP and that's what drives the price "demand" side of the equation. Pop on Craigslist for an example. Price out iPhones and compare the 6+ and 6 to the 5S/5c. These can all still be pruchased new from Apple too. They are fractional valuations versus their new retail costs. Everyone is chasing the 6 series models so they are offered up at prices very near the retail (new $650, used $550). The 5s and 5c can be had for @ $200 but they are $450 new. A model that isn't sold any longer like a 4 can be had for $100. The difference is both excess supply and underwhelming demand for the older models even though the differences aren't truly that large (with the AP being the one that arguably is revolutionary). If I had to put a value on AP, I'd say $6500-$8500 will be the Delta tween like kind vehicles with and without AP. That'd mean you can buy a fully loaded CPO P85 without AP or a CPO base S60 with AP in my opinion.

"A lot". I know that's not a fair answer but everyone will be chasing AP and that's what drives the price "demand" side of the equation. Pop on Craigslist for an example. Price out iPhones and compare the 6+ and 6 to the 5S/5c. These can all still be pruchased new from Apple too. They are fractional valuations versus their new retail costs. Everyone is chasing the 6 series models so they are offered up at prices very near the retail (new $650, used $550). The 5s and 5c can be had for @ $200 but they are $450 new. A model that isn't sold any longer like a 4 can be had for $100. The difference is both excess supply and underwhelming demand for the older models even though the differences aren't truly that large (with the AP being the one that arguably is revolutionary). If I had to put a value on AP, I'd say $6500-$8500 will be the Delta tween like kind vehicles with and without AP. That'd mean you can buy a fully loaded CPO P85 without AP or a CPO base S60 with AP in my opinion.
Interesting observation. I would imagine it is also one of the top reasons why there is a sizable CPO market. Why else would anyone trade in a fairly new Tesla other than to get AP or perhaps a D. It will be interesting to see if the Model X will have a similar impact to the CPO market. If not, the next notable event might be in 2018 when the AP models start coming off lease.

The CPO market will see some impact from the trade ins for X but i believe people are buying X as a 2nd car not to replace an existing S. The CPO list should grow when the three year leases are turned in. Until then, the more immediate trade ins will be those who want the 90D+L who still have their P85 and did't initially jump into a P85D. I wonder how many will go from P85D to P90DL.

I'll go out on a limb with a price prediction. By January 1, 2016 a CPO S60 with Pano, tech and leather and under 30k miles can be had for <$37.5k. The same S85 for <$42.4 and P85 <$47.5. They'll get snatched up quickly but that's where I see the price trends headed.

While abything is possible and it would be a steal for people to get these prices on a 3-4 year old car, I do not think this is realistically going to be where the prices are in less than 6 months. Though if I'm wrong, I anticipate a second Model S joining our household.

I've seen almost all the inventory S60s with SC enabled and CPOs have been hit or miss.

On the contrary, it is thr opposite. Every cpo i have seen save for a few had supercharging enabled. However a lot of thr inventory s60 did not list supercharging while other things were listed like some with air suspension and tech package, etc. If tesla's website is still selling the supercharging enabling, you can bet your ass these inventory s60 without supercharging list NOT have supercharging enabled. Tesla is in the business of making money so you know they will squeeze as much as they can.

So out of the 20 Inventory S60's on the CPO Consolidator (18 in US CPO Section/1 in Canada/1 in Hidden Section), 15 have Super Charging enabled and 5 do not. Does not seem to matter where the car is as there is a S60 in Chicago that does not have Super Charging, but other in Chicago that do.