Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, the Consolidator was a tremendous help over the past weekend in helping me figure out which car to go for. As of 2 hours ago, the deposit has been made. Thank you for a great tool.

You're welcome! I'll PM you my paypal account so you can contribute to my P85D fund. :)

Also, on a hunch, I wondered if any cars would move from one region to another, so I had added code to detect movement of cars between regions. We now have our first "Mover".

Car moved P14559: from New York to Washington, DC

I wonder what was behind the move.

You're welcome! I'll PM you my paypal account so you can contribute to my P85D fund. :)

Also, on a hunch, I wondered if any cars would move from one region to another, so I had added code to detect movement of cars between regions. We now have our first "Mover".

Car moved P14559: from New York to Washington, DC

I wonder what was behind the move.

That seems weird to me. Since they are charging $500 to move 1 region up to $1500 to move a car cross-country with this program, it doesn't make sense for them to move a car without a deposit from a pending customer.

The only I can think of is moving cars in and out of Colorado with its incentive program. That is obviously not the case here. Maybe there was room on a carrier already heading between the two? But then why wouldn't it be Drucifer's? Maybe a prospective buyer paid the $500 to have it brought to DC and then backed out of purchasing the car?

The only I can think of is moving cars in and out of Colorado with its incentive program. That is obviously not the case here. Maybe there was room on a carrier already heading between the two? But then why wouldn't it be Drucifer's? Maybe a prospective buyer paid the $500 to have it brought to DC and then backed out of purchasing the car?

On second thought, maybe they had room on the car carrier anyway, and figured since there was and extra space, it was a free opportunity to rebalance the geography of the inventory. And yes, it would likely be the carrier that would have my car on it. It would have to be a no cost or nearly no cost to Tesla to make sense to do that.

28 cars sold today. Going up since the word seems to be getting out. 17 new ones listed. Perhaps they should have had a bigger announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

My post from a few days ago seems to have disappeared into the ether.

Could I make a suggestion to your excellent data logging site.

In the options page, please expand the details for the change of price information. This is will also be useful when eventually cars are relisted in the CPO program and see if there is any correlation between changing of prices or if they are seemingly random. It may be more sensible to wait for the first of the month when a price drop may be expected if historically this is the case.

For example, display (using made up numbers)

Previous prices recorded for VIN: P05619
2015-04-27 75,350
2015-05-01 74,800
2015-06-01 73,950
2017-03-13 57,500

Cheers,

Mark

28 cars sold today. Going up since the word seems to be getting out. 17 new ones listed. Perhaps they should have had a bigger announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

My post from a few days ago seems to have disappeared into the ether.

Could I make a suggestion to your excellent data logging site.

In the options page, please expand the details for the change of price information. This is will also be useful when eventually cars are relisted in the CPO program and see if there is any correlation between changing of prices or if they are seemingly random. It may be more sensible to wait for the first of the month when a price drop may be expected if historically this is the case.

For example, display (using made up numbers)

Previous prices recorded for VIN: P05619
2015-04-27 75,350
2015-05-01 74,800
2015-06-01 73,950
2017-03-13 57,500

Cheers,

Mark

Most of those cars were over 80k and 90k. I have a nagging suspicion that they were taken off and not sold. Who would buy these when you can get a decked out 80D or low end p85d?

I really do think Tesla was testing the waters of market demand and is narrowing what is market price. Now we just wait for the repricing of the vehicles.

If they are really smart, they are:

1. Disrupting the used market and creating buzz with lower priced cars
2. Selling and clearing out the lower priced cars
3. Replacing them slowly with higher priced cars, after establishing the reputation for having the best deals.

Note everything priced in the $50's is gone. I bet by the end of the month there wont be a much left below $65k

If they are really smart, they are:

1. Disrupting the used market and creating buzz with lower priced cars
2. Selling and clearing out the lower priced cars
3. Replacing them slowly with higher priced cars, after establishing the reputation for having the best deals.

Note everything priced in the $50's is gone. I bet by the end of the month there wont be a much left below $65k
By mid-June, I would expect to see lots of downward repricing. Tesla loves to push out inventory cars at the end of the quarter to make their numbers. I would expect the same with CPO's

By mid-June, I would expect to see lots of downward repricing. Tesla loves to push out inventory cars at the end of the quarter to make their numbers. I would expect the same with CPO's
It is hard to tell if inventory cars go up any faster than end of quarter deliveries, but it is a pattern.

P51980 is showing no park sensors on the Consolidator. How can that be? I thought those were added at VIN 20,xxx
Parking sensors were an option, all they way until 70D. At P85D, they rolled into the tech package, but that probably didn't cover VIN 51980 (the AP/Tech package unbundling in Oct '14, @VIN 58-59000, I think). So, the vast majority of P2XXXX - P6XXXX cars actually could go either way. These folks were ticking a $500 choice.

It is hard to tell if inventory cars go up any faster than end of quarter deliveries, but it is a pattern.

Parking sensors were an option, all they way until 70D. At P85D, they rolled into the tech package, but that probably didn't cover VIN 51980 (the AP/Tech package unbundling/"Elon's D" was about 58-59000, I think). So, the vast majority of P2XXXX - P6XXXX cars actually could go either way. These folks were ticking a $500 choice.

Ok thanks

So... in Colorado, I can buy a CPO and as long as the original owner lived out of state, I can basically take $6,000 off the price with the state tax credit. Not bad.

It's not whether the original owner lived in Colorado or not but whether the car has ever been registered in Colorado. For example, an out-of-state jetsetter whose main residence is another state could buy a Tesla for their Aspen home and register it there. While the original owner lived out of state, the car was registered in Colorado so it is no longer eligible for the tax credit when sold to a second party. Likewise, someone could buy the car while living in Colorado, register it and then move to Kansas. You might think the car is coming from Kansas but since it was previously registered in Colorado, the car would not be eligible for the $6000 tax credit.

While it's probably a good chance that cars bought from other Tesla stores not in Colorado were not previously registered in Colorado, you should still probably do a VIN registration search before purchasing to confirm it has never been registered previously in the state.